Finally getting a shepherding call... or so I thought

by Zoos 27 Replies latest jw friends

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Also well done for being polite to his wife when she called on you. If she'd gone home and told her husband how nasty or terrifying you were then he'd never have opened up to you. Being approachable and reasonable leaves the door open in ways we never expect.

mmxiv

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

You dealt with the brother very lovingly - your kindness is beautiful. If I found myself in a similar situation with an elderly brother, I hope I would be as gentle, and encourage him to come and talk whenever he wanted to.

I would softly suggest that he works towards standing down/removed as an M.S., that way he won't have a bad conscience teaching falsehoods from the platform. Then going on F.S. just to use the Bible.

The poor man is going to need a helluva lot more support than most of us here needed, due to his fragile years.

He must be devastated - keep comforting him!

You could also inform him that there must be Bethelites, D.O.s & C.O.s all over the world feeling exactly the same as he does, but they are biding their time for personal reasons, so watch what he says in the cong.

• Emery
    Emery

amazing story, thanks for sharing! I am sad that he's old in age and coming to such an emotionally draining and traumatic awakening. Here's hoping he treads carefully out of the borg.

• satinka
    satinka

Well done, Zoos! How great for you to be there for him! People on their way out need to know that help is available and they have not been abandoned. We are not islands unto ourselves, but social humans. Members are taught/brainwashed to believe they cannot survive without the WT. What a lie!

satinka

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Great that he's waking up, but sounds like he could be in for a rough ride if he's not careful & moves too quickly.

You are awesome to be there for him, zoos. Sounds like he's going to need a friend. He'll probably lose most of his.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

And people, 70 is not old & with one foot in the grave! My Mom is 77 & still works! Some of her friends do as well!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

There's no wrong time, way, or age to leave Watchtower.

• Zoos
    Zoos

Thanks for the comments everyone. It was a pretty amazing experience for me. I'll let you know how he's doing later.

Xanthippe, that link was perfect. Thank you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit