Why the field service reports?

by Syme 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

You could make a reasonable justification for documenting the amount of literature placed. However, there is no logical reason to document time.

Documenting time is a means of coercive control over the flock.

• LogCon
    LogCon

I agree that reports would be closer to honest if given anonymously. Honesty has many different colours. A report given by one may be judged as dishonest by another, but what is important is the honesty expressed by the reporter. Anyone interested in analyzing the statistics would then have
    a better chance of calculating closer to correct data.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

When you look at the stories in the Bible, it was the number of people in a crowd that was mentioned, and how many were baptized. Of course, the Watchtower dare not go there, so they focus on the amount of time frittered away producing no results.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Anonymous reports would achieve the statistics goal just the same;

Although this will never happen, this is actually a fantastic point! I've debated this point with active JWs and never thought of this.

It should be in parallel with monetary contributions you make at the hall. Nobody knows who gives, they just count the total.

And this should be the same because it is also a voluntary contribution you make to Jehoober.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

Does anyone remember the story where David took a census of counting the people of Israel & Judah ? & Remember God was angry with him. I think it's 2 Samuel 24. Do you think God is angry with the GB's for counting time...a sister at the hall once made a comment, don't worry about making time, but make the time count. I think they do for a number of reasons to boost morale, to brag, they are all about the #'s. The year book keeps track of all #'s across the world, how well we are doing here & there...Does anyone think to bring up this scripture about #'s/ reporting would even affect their thinking ? I agree, if the field sevice slips were annonymous, maybe a good thing. I think many of them would have a fit, because it's all about being validated by man. God never said nutt'in to a publisher or pioneer about how much time only humans. Some keep count just to see what THEY HAVE DONE. Just remember, no matter what, we would still need reminders...we always need reminders....

I give my slip whether I have one hour or several hours....I'm not there to please man. I try to give an average of about 10 hrs. a month. I have a full schedule & I do the best I can....I'm not Jesus, I'm just a imperfect publisher...

Legacy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit