Is this CA experience mind control or worship of man?

by hoser 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• hoser
    hoser

This goes back some time several years perhaps even 10 or so.

I was at the circuit assembly and during the announcements the chairman said you may sit if you wish this will take some time to read this. I forget what it was about but everyone sat down except the district overseer and his wife.

Then the people sitting close by the DO started to get up to stand again and there was this group of about 100 who were standing around the DO. All the rest of the audience stayed in their seats. I remember looking that direction and the DO had this very smug self-righteous smirk on his face knowing the influence he had over these people.

hoser

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Typically, people stay standing for the announcements. The D.O. was thinking of applying the part where you "MAY" sit "IF YOU WISH."

The people around him may have just recognized that they did not have to sit and joined him because they sit for hours. It would be like stretching on an overseas flight.

Or they could have wanted to impress the D.O. that they too could stand "with him" during the announcements.

It isn't mind control in that case.

• hoser
    hoser

I forget the exact announcement but everyone was standing and sat down except those two. When those close by realized that he was still standing they stood back up. It seemed like it was because of him.

• hoser
    hoser

I forget the exact announcement but everyone was standing and sat down except those two. When those close by realized that he was still standing they stood back up. It seemed like it was because of him.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

the DO had this very smug self-righteous smirk on his face knowing the influence he had over these people.

Seen that many times by elders, COs , not by DO's alone.

Religion is mostly about power absorbed by men to bolster their own self identity of themselves.

Only problem is across the street in a church, temple or Synagogue there is another guy who claims

he is also empowered by spiritual divination himself.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

There is little doubt that the circuit overseers and district overseers get a power trip out of their position, but speaking for myself, I would have probably stood as well. Setting for so long listening to those boring talks, if you get a chance to stand for a while, take it. I've been known to leave the place and go out to the local McDonald's for a coffee. The assemblies are such a joke and waste of a good day.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

What a horrible waste of time and brain cells these assemblies are.

• tiki
    tiki

good gawd - who really gives a %&)# if you sit or stand or take a hike out into the lobby or go to the bathroom or go jog around the hall (outside, that is). seriously, some of these things are so ridiculously petty. but - they sure do pound in the robotic mentality.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I forget what it was about but everyone sat down except the district overseer and his wife.

Then the people sitting close by the DO started to get up to stand again and there was this group of about 100 who were standing around the DO. All the rest of the audience stayed in their seats. I remember looking that direction and the DO had this very smug self-righteous smirk on his face knowing the influence he had over these people......hoser

...........................And then..

.................All the JW Lemmings..

.....Followed the WBT$ D/O off the Cliff..

..Splat!..Splat!..Splat!..Splat!..Splat!..Splat!..

.......................................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• clarity
    clarity

Hoser ... he might have been playing games alright.

We had a CO who would say something in a talk that would

lead the audience to laugh ... but when they started to laugh..

he would stop ...and stare ...his body language saying "you idiots"

and have his smirky smile wiped instantly off his face ...the audience left

in mid laugh ...ha h. He showed his superiority in every talk.

I dreamed of buying a big creame pie & standing off stage ...waiting!

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit