JWs left about 10 Minutes Ago

by ABibleStudent 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I'm visiting my brother and his family in Virginia for Thanksgiving. As I was looking out the kitchen window today, Saturday, waiting for my sister-in-law to finish talking with my niece on the phone, I noticed an older couple in thick coats going to different houses in the cul-de-sac. As I was watching the older couple and thinking about what I would do if they rang the door where I was and if they were JWs, the door rang.

At the door were two older african-American women. One lady was obviously a biblestudent because she did not have her lines memorized very well. Of course they were trying to place tracks with households. I asked a couple of times what they were trying to give to me because the biblestudent was mumbling her lines.

Finally they said that they were JWs and the tracks were something that they were giving to people to read and think about during the day.

I said may I give you something back.

The lady who was more experienced hesitated and asked what kind of information was it, was it against their beliefs, and was it religious?

I assured them it was not religious and that I was familar with what JWs believed, because I had studied with JWs. I went to the kitchen and found a blue Sharpie. When I returned, I took the track and wrote www.freedomofmind.com on the front of the track and handed it back to the biblestudent. I then asked them if they remembered what Paul told the Bereans (in Acts 17:10).

They said that they did and tried to restate what Paul said.

So I restated that Paul complimented them about studying the Scriptures to verify that what Paul told them was the truth. Also, I told them that I learned more from visiting www.freedomofmind.com than by studying with JWs.

They thanked me and I thanked them and said good-bye.

I know that they probably tossed the track after they left, but at least I did not insult them (too much) to their faces and they could not place the track that I wrote on. I felt nervous the whole time that I talked with the JWs. I feel that I was able to plant a seed of doubt in the biblestudent because I was nice, smiling, and gave them information that I thought would help them. I hope that the seed grows.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

If it feeds you, do it.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

You may have done some good, at least you tried. The little printed piece of trash is called a "Tract" by the way, a very old fashioned word.

The "Bible" student may well remember the freedomofmind.com addy, I do hope so.

• flipper
    flipper

ABIBLESTUDENT- Good job ! Good for you. Hopefully those two ladies will look up that website , although if they are dominated by fear of the Internet don't be surprised if they don't. But you handled it very well and respectively. Hope it plants some seeds. It's all we can do. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

Well done Robert! It always feels good to rattle the mind control!

• clarity
    clarity

I think that was a great idea ... good for you!

clarity

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

We were just at the flea market and I walked upon a JW booth with one man. I was stunned and stopped. I looked at the table and at him. He kept repeating, "They are free." He had no presentation. I was so shocked seeing him there, a million things went though my mind. Like WTF, I had to walk outside door to door in a skirt and stockings. I had to "street and business" witness, there was no sitting in a booth at the flea market. There wasn't even a bible in sight. If I did not know what that was I would have no idea it was Jehovah's Witnesses or religious propaganda.

I was a little bit pissed. I walked away. Stopped and looked back. I told my husband and he walked back to take a peek, and I took a picture.
    Next time I'll be prepared.

• MysticMage
    MysticMage

Wow a booth? I think they also do this thing where they send out letters as well.

Truly amazing these days.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Door-to-door religion pamphleteers, that seems as 19th century as blood-letting.

And like I was taught, you should stay away from flea markets. You'll have problems with demonz if you get something there.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

LOL Billy!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit