Funny incident involving Higher Order Abstractions

by KateWild 5 Replies latest social humour

• KateWild
    KateWild

What are higher order abstractions?

In simple terms it's the ability to read between the lines. I have this ability because of my AS, but I thought everyone could do it. I didn't realise I had a special ability until a couple of months ago.

I notice prejudice in others, when they don't even realise they are themselves. This what happened one day on the ministry.......

Me and my daughter, went to meet the group for field circus. There was no arrangement in a house or Kingdumb Hell. All the sheeple met on the territory.

The sisters in the group always worked with the same ones and in their comfort zone. Nice and happy with their usual partners we all set off for the first street.

This was the conversation.....

Sam: "Hey Sister IsolateMyself, how about shaking things up this week. You work with Chloe and I will work with Sister Yesgirl?"

Sister IsolateMyself: "OH look Sisteryesgirl, aren't those birds in the tree's lovely"

At this point I am annoyed at her ignoring me and my daughter watching this. But I stay calm and stand infront of her

Sam: "Hey Sister IsolateMyself, how about shaking things up this week. You work with Chloe and I will work with Sister Yesgirl?"

Sister IsolateMyself: "OH look Sam, aren't those birds in the tree's lovely"

At this point Chloe is visibly uncomfortable, so I let it go and said

Sam: "So that's a no then?"

Chloe and I just walked off and worked together on the mino. Aparantly most people wouldn't get onto the fact that sister IsolateMyself was ignoring them, Chloe told me most people would have thought she was being polite and conversing about birds. Many would have continued the new conversation, and not repeated the request. I made her face the fact she was prejudice and rude. Albeit in a passive and socially acceptable manner.

I didn't realise at the time, no one else could read between the lines.

Sam xx

• tec
    tec

Lol.. that would have been a weird conversation to ... not... have.

Peace,

tammy

• KateWild
    KateWild

You see sister IsolateMyself, wanted to be in charge and control everything. She would have thought it was rude, for me to ask twice. Point being she is a prejudice JW, and doesn't think she is.

Love Sam xx

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

What surprises me is that more people cannot read between the lines when it is as obvious as the example you give.

I imagine many people here on JWN are able to do the same, in lesser obvious situations.

I know that I spare feelings sometimes and not be blunt, but I try to leave enough obviousness so that someone can stop short of making me say it:

"Brother OTWO, would you like to spend all weekend with us shopping for a new car?"

"I really have plans."

"But you said earlier today that you don't have plans."

"That was earlier today. The moment you asked about spending the weekend doing that car-shopping thing, I remembered a previous committment."

If they push and still want to say "Don't you want to go?" it's not my fault that they didn't read between the lines.

• zeb
    zeb

so many people will say they believe impassionionatly in the 'freedom of speech' but they avoid using it at every turn.

• KateWild
    KateWild

avoid using it at every turn.-zeb

They do, I think it's because they want to make themselves feel better. They think they are nice when they are actually rude.

Sam xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit