Witnessing after the Big A?

by Doug Mason 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

I had the understanding that after "Armageddon", the JWs would be witnessing to resurrected people who had not rejected them during their earthly lifetime, in addition to all those who had lived before the WTS existed, plus every dead child and baby. Is that still taught by the WTS?

If so, then:

1. Presumably all dead earthly-hope JWs are resurrected first.

2. Then all JWs would have to be taught what is the true Truth. The 144,001 might have a role here, calling out from heaven, provided Russell, Rutherford and their descendants can be made to agree. They would need to communicate in a common language.

3. Then the non-JWs would start to be resurrected. Let's assume only 5 billion will come back to life - whether as spirits or as humans, I do not know.

4. Let's assume that one million are resurrected on the first day; the JWs have one day to convince each of that one million to become a WTS-follower. Presumably communication with them is in a common language.

5. On the following day, another million come are brought up from graves in the ground and from the waters. JWs extend their work to that next million.

6. EXERCISE: If one million are resurrected each day, calculate how many days before the 5 billion have been resurrected. (Hint: to get the number of days, divide 5,000,000,000 by 1,000,000. Then divide that answer by 365 to get the number of years.)

7. Until they are killed off again after 1,000 years (by edict from the 144,001 and the earthly JWs?), the resurrected ones will need to be fed, clothed, housed, and managed. I suppose they are now vegans.

Have you not seen these pictures in the WTS's books and magazines?

Doug

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Hahaha, love number 2...! " Then all JWs would have to be taught what is the true Truth... " !!!

• Ding
    Ding

The quote about about the "true truth" led me to wonder if the GB thinks there will continue to be "new light" throughout the millenium?

Given how little of what Russell taught is considered truth by the GB today, which of the teachings from the beginning of the 1000 years would still be remembered -- let alone still taught -- at the end?

• carla
    carla

what would a current jw have to say about this?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Thanks to the WTBTS, I used to believe all the concocted interpretations about the resurrection and how the Great Crowd and those resurrected would take 1000 years to "come to life" - as per the warped reasoning of Revelation 20:5.

However, both Jesus and Paul stated that there would be TWO resurrections - one for the righteous, and another for the un-righteous. (John 5:28,29; Acts 24:15)

Revelation 20:5,6 explains quite clearly that the righteous will be resurrected in the first resurrection at the beginning of the 1000 years, and the unrighteous will be resurrected in the second resurrection, after the 1000 years have ended.

The apostle Paul's words at Philipians 3:11 confirm the different timings of these two events: " [to see] if I may by any means attain to the earlier resurrection from the dead." (also Hebrews 11:35)

The w96 10/15 p. 6 said this - " Resurrection involves a reactivating of the life pattern of the individual, which life pattern God has retained in his memory. According to God’s will for the individual, the person is restored ...having the same personality and memories as when he died."

Woohoo - a world full of murderers, paedophiles, rapists, psychopaths, etc. from down through the ages!

There are going to be a lot of Do Not Calls if that lot stand up during the 1000 years reign!

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Yes, this is what is still taught. Just for grins, I went through calculations using numbers WTS actually used.

it-2 p. 792: "A very liberal estimate of the number of persons that have ever lived on earth is 20 billion (20,000,000,000)"

it-2 p. 793: "Since a yearly increase of three percent, compounded, doubles the number about every 24 years, the entire 20 billion (20,000,000,000) could be resurrected before 300 years of Christ’s Thousand Year Reign had elapsed, giving ample time for training and judging the resurrected ones without disrupting harmony and order on earth."

So, we have 20 billion and 300 years. That amounts to 182,648 per day resurrected. Given today's numbers as to approximately how long it takes for ONE person to come to baptism (approx 6600 hours, or 275 days), I calculate 1,205,476,800 hours, 5,0228,200 days, 137,611.5 years for all 20 billion to be taught.

In this scenario, this teaching would no doubt be accelerated to just a few hours per person (using Biblical examples, such as the household of Cornelius, the jailer, the Ethiopian Eunuch, etc.). To do it within that 300 year period of time, each person will have 14.388365 hours of instruction, if my math is correct.

This is, of course, round the clock, 24 hours per day instruction, not taking time out to handle the necessary business of eating, sleeping and the like. Aside from teaching these new ones, one of the first things they'll do is clothe, feed and shelter them. There's a lot of logistical things that will be required in this scenario that I don't think JWs are prepared for, at least, not in the short term.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The Jw's will not be there for if not born again they can not see the kingdom of God, Jesus said it.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

leaving quietly!

20 billion! I cannot believe it. That's 3 times today's population! Wow!

These it-2 figures of 3% and 24 years invoke the "rule of 72" that relates to compound interest; money in the bank left at compound interest doubles according to this rule. In other words, if you deposit $100 at 3% using compound interest (interest on the principle as well as on the interest earned) would double after 24 years. (10% per annum would double after 7.2 years, and so on).

For example, at 3% interest a deposit of $100 would become $103 after 1 year. The next year's 3% interest is then earned on that new figure of $103 (becoming $106.90) and so on, until it reaches $200 after 24 years.

This means that to reach 20 billion after 24 years at 3% annual growth, the initial resurrection on the first day is 10 billion. Even that is greater than today's total population of planet Earth.

The WTS's 3% growth figure would mean that at the anniversary of the first year a further 300 million would be resurrected. Then at the end of the second year, a further 309 million would be resurrected. The number being resurrected keeps increasing at the end of each following year, until year 24 is reached when 575 million are resurrected.

However, to confuse the unwary, they say that the process is going to take 300 years to reach 20 billion. But their 3% and 24 years sets the ground rules.

Using the principle of compound interest, as they explicitly apply, to reach 20 billion in 300 years still requires an initial resurrection on day one of 10 billion. The annual rate of increase would be much smaller - using the "rule of 72" it would be 0.24%. So the resurrection at the end of year 1 would be 2.4 million. It would increase each year so that at the end of year 299, there would be 49 million resurrections.

Doug

• tiki
    tiki

remember the old explanations - about how if every person had one acre or was it half an acre, you could fit so many people on earth....of course that means goodbye to wilderness, forests, and other homes rich in wildlife - flora & fauna. and wall-to-wall farms....seriously how paradisaic would that look?

there is a lot people just do not know about the future and trying to twist and turn ancient writings into a relatively possible, never mind probable, picture is fraught with dilemmas.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

". . . .seriously how paradisaic would that look?"

Oh TIKI, you just need to trust in Jehovah!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit