February 2014- Watchtower Public edition now available!

by A.proclaimer 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

The new Watchtower Public edition titled "The War that Chnaged the World" and the Awake titled "How to Invest your Time Wisely" for February are up. Looks like they are still sticking to 1914. They do talk about the war and tie it in with the 1914 interpretation.

Watchtower Public:

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/wp20140201/

Awake:

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/g201402/

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

"Bible chronology and world events indicate that this heavenly war occurred after God’s Kingdom was established in the heavens in 1914. " - page 5

"World War I. . . . provides vivid proof of Satan’s ouster from heaven. " - page 7

So remind me again how a war that began BEFORE Invisible Jesus established God's See-Thru Kingdom provides "vivid proof" of anything?

Interesting too that the article states the exact date the war ended, but not the date it began. . . Wonder why. . . .

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

exactly, breakfast. I remember a few 1914 talks would quote historians who basically said, 'nobody saw WW1 coming.'

The reality is that the shit was brewing for a longtime and the assassination was just the flashpoint.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Not much susbstance in the articles. They have really dumbed down the message.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Very , very few jehovahs witnesses would be aware of the fact that the first world war started,months before the war in heaven broke out and satan was cast down to the earth . No doubt apologists will rationalise and minimise the importance of this fact.As they do the fact that C.T.Russell predicted that all Governments and Kingdoms would be destroyed by God at the establishment of his kingdom under Jesus Christ in 1914 . At his death in 1916 C.T.russell was still awaiting that destruction.

smiddy

• VM44
    VM44

Why did the article not mention the date World War One began?

From the Wikipedia:

World War I (WWI or WW1), also known as the First World War, was a global war centred in Europe that began on 28 July 1914 and lasted until 11 November 1918.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Why did the article not mention the date World War I began ?_____VM44

You Know why . In the backassword world of a Jehovah's Witness July comes after October

" How then, is the time calulated down to 1914 ? counting 2,520 years from early October of 607 B.C.E. brings us to early Octcber of 1914 C.E.

What happened at that time ? Jehovah entrusted rulership over mankind to his own Son, Jesus Christ, glorified in the heavens

Then why is there so much wickedness on earth ? After Christ was enthroned, Satan and his demons were hurled out of heaven and down to the earth."_______Reasoning from the Scriptures Book pages 96-97

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

The reality is that the shit was brewing for a longtime and the assassination was just the flashpoint.

True. It was decades in the making as tensions between European powers and the struggle for markets and colonies intensified. It can be argued that WWI WAS indeed a turning point in history, but so was the Black Death and the Industrial Revolution.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

From the February 2014 Awake, page 13:

However, one thing is certain: The church Constantine legitimized (...) However, one thing is certain: The church Constantine legitimized: (...) From this church — that was now worldly — sprang countless denominations.

What does all of this mean for us? It means that we should not take the teachings of any church for granted but that we should examine them in the light of the Bible. — 1 John 4:1.

Everyone's church but the JWs, of course !

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

"From the Wikipedia:

World War I (WWI or WW1), also known as the First World War, was a global war centred in Europe that began on 28 July 1914 and lasted until 11 November 1918."

Don't you realize Wikipedia was created by Satan to help college students write esssays with almost zero research?

But seriously, I believe there's a Questions From Readers (remember that?) from the '50s where someone called them on the timing of WWI and Christ's Cellophane Enthronement. . . They of course gave some long-winded bullshitty answer. Anyone have access to a CD ROM?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit