Boeing 747s and Other Misunderstandings about Evolution

by cofty 89 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos

Theologians talk a lot of what PEOPLE'S concepts are, or were ABOUT god,

Einstein in his heyday probably was closer to anyone figuring out HOW "the lord, "old one" really operated.

• pharmer
    pharmer

(Just an fyi snare&racket, you said, "The box you hold has 33.3% of bei b the prize, box two has 50% of being the prize." Just to clarify, box two in that scenario has a 66.6% probability of being the prize.)

• KateWild
    KateWild

Einstein was a brilliant scientist but not a theologian. So whether he believed In a personal god or not doesn't really have anything to do with anything.- coma

I hear you point, but it is my understanding is, he was a religious philosopher as well as a physicist, I am aware he wrote books on both topics. Dawkin's books have comment's such as "uneducated churchgoer" "creationist's believe", when discussing biology Dawkin's doesn't leave God out of the lab, he fundementaly asserts that there is no God.

Dawkin's here is trying to highlight misunderstandings about evolution, but his points about random mutation cannot be verified by this monkey experiment IMO. coma, if you think what Dawkin's is saying is credible, that's okay too.

Love Sam xx

• Comatose
    Comatose

Love to you too. :) have a good evening.

• KateWild
    KateWild

cofty, you do make a fair comment about the gene pool, I did read something about that in "The Greatest Show on Earth", I only recall the fact that when they mix, it's like shufflling cards not mixing paint, but Dawkin's at this point did not highlight the fact that the gene pools would determine the random mutations.

I am not unwilling to accept any part of evolution. I just respect the order of the evolution process, and find it spiritually divine.

probably find your incredulity is greatly reduced-cofty

It's sad you think this, I want to be open minded, and protect myself from fundamental views. Sam xx

• cofty
    cofty

Contrast and compare...

It confirms my bias that there must be an intelligent creator

with...

I want to be open minded, and protect myself from fundamental views.

• KateWild
    KateWild

LOL! you win a debate everytime well done Bill, I am new. Congrats goodnight Sam xx

• cofty
    cofty

Goodnight Sam

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Kate, with the greatest respect do you know much about mutations?

its like saying when your clutch cable breaks and your car cant change gear, that its designed that way....?

Have you ever broke a zip,on a coat, dress or jeans etc? Was that designed or did it break ?

Mutations happen when things go wrong, when things break..... Hence it is random. We get mutations when things go wrong Kate, something breaks and the DNA code is copied incorrectly. If the code ends up as a useful bit of code i.e. Per enviroment, it is preserved by non random natural selection.

Cancer requires at least 4 mutations for it to be malignant, be careful what you assign your god Kate x

Sorry buddy but mutations are certainly random Kate, we KNOW they are, we KNOW what happens....Check out video link below :) xxx

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=efstlgoynlk&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Defstlgoynlk

• prologos
    prologos

The not too intelligently designed VW beetle had a very long clutch cable.

Of course WT teaches the instantly flawed genetics, downward, non-random mutation after the talking snake audio.

because environmental-friendly mutations are so rare evolution takes so long. we would never have made in in 4- 6 days.

I second Kate's present view point. some of the outcomes of evolution ARE DIVINE, like

my wife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit