Babylon not rebuilt....B S

by Skinnedsheep 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

I always accepted that Babylon was simply a pile of ruins miles from anything and inhabited only by goats. This is one of the proofs that witnesses use for bible accuracy and prophecy.

If you are interested check out ancient babylon on google maps. It is about 3 miles from the city of Hillah which is 380,000+ people. Babylon is now a national heritage site. Of course no one would build on top of the ruins for the same reason that they won't build a shopping mall at Machu Picchu.

Grr. This makes me so angry that I ever believed any of this crap.

skinnedsheep

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Yep. The ancient 'uninhabited' 'ruins' of Babylon is actually just a small protected area only a few hundred metres (about a quarter-mile) across.

• Elijehovah
    Elijehovah

Babylon is one of a million cities permanently destroyed because city building destroys the land for farming, or even for city trees. The best example of cities that havent destroyed ecology is tropics where jungle will always dominate and take over any junk and trash of a city. Takes lots of rain and lots of heat. It does prove 1000 years of a water canopy can reverse all things, but it would take an asteroid in the Pacific ocean to put one back up.

One thing very vague about Babylon destroyed is that it occurred centuries AFTER Peter was there trying to Christianize it. You dont find that in WT books. Meanwhile THE CITY and its TOWER meaning Ur not Babel or Babylon has never been rebuilt since 1900bc destruction when Abram was 118 and Isaac was 18. Did you know that of the two ages claimed as Isaac offered in sacrifice, that the one at age 25 closes the first Marduk year of Babylon's first king (1894-1893bc). Did you know that as Isaac represents the ONE firstborn as The Son, that Marduk had the same title. (Marduk is not a person, it is 13-year Mars calendar in units of 52 years, or 83-year Jupiter calendar.)

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Elijehovah:

Babylon is one of a million cities permanently destroyed because city building destroys the land for farming, or even for city trees. The best example of cities that havent destroyed ecology is tropics where jungle will always dominate and take over any junk and trash of a city. Takes lots of rain and lots of heat.

Babylon isn't anywhere near a jungle... seems like you're building up to say something stupid and irrelevant...

It does prove 1000 years of a water canopy can reverse all things, but it would take an asteroid in the Pacific ocean to put one back up.

Oh dear.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I read that most of the buildings near Babylon today are US military stuff since the war. Its surprising that since Cyrus diverted the river that i still took several hundred more years before the city was totally abandoned.

• Elijehovah
    Elijehovah

Jeffro, Rather than start a fight and watch the biased and wicked remove me from here. I would like to point out that the TOS says no one here will be calling me STUPID and IRRELEVENT. Babylon as the millions of cities in destroyed land is contrasted to other cities that may also be ruins and unpopulated but have no problem with a population of vegetation and animals. The two zones were being contrasted in temperate zone ruins, versus tropical; ruins like Mayan. Yet I have to come here and watch text put out by someone who doesnt go by TOS rules knowing that if i now show this XXX XXX what an XXX he is and that it is he who is XXX and XXX, then who gets removed. I do. So do something about it. My tolerance is low for website hypocricy. I post many places the rottenness of all sides via paste and post. I shouldnt have the value of my words and the efforts to type them, then blocked or removed by the XXXXoles who dominate millions of websites by make short snide text remarks like they do on their cell phones, despite being stupid that their texts are always retrieved in courts. Where are the brains in people. My lord Jesus should have included, in the last days people all lose their brains and are DMBFKS.

• Elijehovah
    Elijehovah

Military puts things near Babylon because they get religious ideas it will be rebuilt because churches say so. Alot of churches got Israel started up again; it is religion that created the new Israel. Thus people also fear Babylon will be rebuilt too. It's ridiculous. When Obama announces the asteroid they find will hit Earth, these churches will all tell you we still have 7 years. There are also military comes and goes down by the city Ur too. Saddam parked there before going into Kuwait.

• suavojr
    suavojr

Oh dear! I forgot about this one. Now I find out it is anohter big fat lie!!!!! Of course they don't build anything, just like no one builds in Machu Pichu, Tikal the Mayan City, Angkor Wat in Cambodia, etc.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Elijehovah:

Rather than start a fight and watch the biased and wicked remove me from here.

Hardly necessary...

I shouldnt have the value of my words and the efforts to type them, then blocked or removed by the XXXXoles who dominate millions of websites by make short snide text remarks like they do on their cell phones, despite being stupid that their texts are always retrieved in courts. Where are the brains in people. My lord Jesus should have included, in the last days people all lose their brains and are DMBFKS.

You're doing a stellar job on your own.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

(Isaiah 13:17-20) Here I am raising up against them the Medes,+Who regard silver as nothing And who take no delight in gold.18 Their bows will shatter young men;+They will show no pity on the fruit of the womb Nor mercy to children.19 And Babylon, the most glorious* of kingdoms,+The beauty and the pride of the Chal·de′ans,+Will be like Sod′om and Go·mor′rah when God overthrew them.+20 She will never be inhabited, Nor will she be a place to reside in throughout all generations.+No Arab will pitch his tent there, And no shepherds will rest their flocks there.

v22 - Her time is near, and her days will not be prolonged

The complete destruction of Babylon was one of the fulfilled prophecies that convinced me the Bible was inspired, based on the false information in the Watchtower publications. Then I found out that the prophecy did not come true, and that Isaiah turns out to be proof that the Bible is not prophetic.

Isaiah "prophecies" that the Medes would raze Babylon. Yet the Medes and Persians actually settled there, and until Alexander the Great destroyed it in 320BC, it was the largest city in the world. Alexander died in Babylon. Even then, people still lived there fora at least a century.

In recent times, Babylon is not a place for jackals and uninhabited. In 1983, Suddam rebuilt parts of Babylon on top of the old ruins, including a 600 room palace, and another for himself adjacent to it, also on top of the ruins, which had his servants permanently living there.

During the Iraq war in 2003, the US set up a base camp directly above the ruins, and came under criticism for destroying valuable archaelological remains.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylon and http://architecture.about.com/cs/countriescultures/a/saddamspalace.htm has some great information and pictures.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit