JJ Abrams and the WTBTS.

by DATA-DOG 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

:) Just my reasoning on the way this GB is taking a firmer grip of everyones' thoughts and actions!

Sleep well!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I have been trying to figure out how explain the recent and HUGE doctrinal shifts of the WTBTS since the 2012 annual meeting, and the accompanying modernizing of the JW official website.

The most honest and logical answer to all the recent changes is that the WTS. is trying to reform itself

using new strategic marketing schemes to make their organization still appear viable in both the members

minds as well the general public's.

The hiding away past publications is part of that strategy, announcing the WTS.

has made mistakes in the past is another, the focusing proclamation that the GB of the WTS.

is the FDSL. etc ....

Other possible changes could be changing the name to some of the long standing literature titles like

the Watchtower to something else ( remember that was done once before ) .

The dropping of some critically held doctrines like 1914 is another possibility into the future.

If you were running this religious publishing house and you realized that past proclamations and

doctrines were openly false and perhaps just construed as advantageous marketing tools in

proliferating the organization's literature, you would probably start making some strategic changes too.

• piztjw
    piztjw

WHY, WHY WHY?!?!

According to one of their kingdom ministry's

BECAUSE........

• extractor
    extractor

One wrinkle... is JJ Abrams saying we must follow his films because God chose Gene Roddenberry's series as the only correct sci-fi franchise in 1977?

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

@pitjw, I'm glad I wasn't sipping any liquid when I read that. LOL!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I have the same problems as you Data, can't stop thinking about TTATT and how to save ones from the Borg, very frustrating.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

LOL!! Gene Roddenberry has more street cred than the GB!!

• suavojr
    suavojr

Nice analogy DD, I also think a out TTATT but what can we do? Not much but I am not going to simply sit around for the rest of my life. ABSOLUTELY NOT

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

It's all about rights. JJ Abrams couldn't have pullled it off without the approval of those in charge of the rights of the Star Trek franchise. An older GB member has to grant rights to the newer GB members. Any ideas from new members has to be approved from the older so it can be justified as right. Or they just vote on it and hope God plays a role in the voting outcome. You don't want things left to chance.

• smiddy
    smiddy

A very nice analogy

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit