How Do You Feel About All The Time You Wasted Being. A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus
    All that I can say is....what a shame!😟
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

It's shitty. But you have one life to live and be happy so you have to not live in the past because no one is going in that direction.

If you live in the past, you're depressed. If you live in the future your anxious. If you live in the present you can be happy.

• carla
    carla
    Not being a jw I can only comment on all the time my jw has spent in this insidious cult. He has missed out on many family moments, gorgeous Sat. mornings and so on. I was just looking through some family photographs lately and he is the only one missing. Years from now when our descendants are looking at old photo's it will be as if he did not exist should other photo's be lost with him in them. Or it will be the family story that he was in some wacky cult that used to exist in the past. I can dream can't I?
  • ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

I am now out and glad to be. However, I do not regret being born in to JWs for most of my life. Brought my good values , became a better speaker and lost my fear of approaching people.

Also I grew up without racial prejudice.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    No regrets here. Few things are all good or all bad. There were positives in with the negatives, though at this point the negatives win out. It isn't like if I had been doing something else life would have been sunshine and rainbows and unicorn farts. Everybody has good and bad in their lives no matter what they do. I don't really believe that things would have been all that different in the ratio of good to bad. Sure, I missed out on some time with people that I could have had better relationships with, but thosr also could have been destructive relationships that I avoided. I was both denied experiences and protected from experiences that could have been devastating.
  • disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2

I feel mad! I missed out on so many things as we all did. If you get out relatively young then yes you do have the rest of your life to look forward to but finding out the TTATT when you are older you have wasted the best years of your life sitting in meetings, going on ministry, going to assemblies, pioneering, studying for meetings. Not celebrating xmas, birthdays, Easter; especially when I had children, I felt really mean not giving them those experiences. I secretly do it now with them but it's not the same as it would have been when they were little. They missed out and it's my fault.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force
    disillusioned 2
    I feel the same as you, mad.
    I married a sister and we had one child. Before I knew JWs it was my desire to have a family with at least 3 children.
    That is what I missed out on and that pisses me off.

• molybdenum
    molybdenum

I have posted this before but I still feel the same, that

I have basically lived a lie all my life.

A Terrible Lie

When I was a kid, it was all very clear

Armageddon is soon, the end so near.

You will not grow old, nor will you die,

Was it all a terrible lie?

You don't need a good job nor a career

Just preach preach preach and pioneer,

No marriage, no job, and no kids

These were the words by which I lived

Just take the message from door to door

It doesn't matter if you're really poor

Just take the message, it's what matters

Don't worry if your life is in tatters.

The Governing Body,they know best.

They work hard and never rest.

They tell us the truth, it's straight from Jehovah

That went through my mind, over and over.

Time has passed, and now I'm old

But I did as I was told.

Now I am poor and have much grey hair

But no money, no pension, is it fair?

What do I do now? I am so confused

My faith is weak and I have no clues.

I still take the message from door to door

But now I wonder, what 's it all for?

When I was a kid it was all very clear

Armageddon is soon, the end so near.

You will not grow old, nor will you die,

Was it all a terrible lie?

• Stealth
    Stealth

I could have a masters degree for all the time I waisted studying types and anti-types BS.

A complete waist of time and energy for nothing.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2
    I'm a little different, for me it was and is beneficial, but being new I lacked balance and paid for it with my health. On the road to recovery now, going forward I will not be someone's yes man nor puppet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit