XJW meets with 140 Jehovahs Witnesses

by Watchtower-Free 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

This may very well be legit, but it just seems odd. A letter like that sent to congregations en mass, would be intercepted by the elders. I am pretty certain the elders would not exactly be passing it down to the rank and file.

So how is it these young people got his info? The letter is well written, bu t a JW apologist would have a feild day with it. Its not like its iron clad.

I don't know. Just seems odd.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Listening to the video interview it sounds genuine. This is not to say that proves anything but a starting point is just hearing it with an open mind.

Also Ruben (the interviewer) has a very good reputation as one that has heped a lot of people and has worked with a number of other former JWs.

• adamah
    adamah

Ray said-

Listening to the video interview it sounds genuine. This is not to say that proves anything but a starting point is just hearing it with an open mind.

Ray, I don't suppose you personally know either of the guy(s) in the video?

Can you help us out, and identify what it is that you saw in the video that you found compelling that struck you as "genuine"?

What I'm getting at is, the speaker was short on specifics, eg he just repeatedly said, "I kept hitting them with questions they couldn't answer, like 'well what about THIS, and what about THAT?" Great, but what exactly were the THIS' and THAT'S which he presented that left the elders and JWs in a mental vapor lock?

And the one stumper question where he shared was from Genesis about the Tree of Life; it's hardly something that's going to stump any JW (active or ex-JW alike).

As an ex-elder, you surely know it's not about having a logical answer, but being able to deliver an answer that complies with GB policies, and seeing how they respond to determine if they're a 'sheep' or a 'goat'.

142 active JWs showing up to hear an apostate speak (!) just doesn't pass the sniff test....

Adam

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

Does anybody have anymore info on this being legit? Every other week or so Tracy posts on fb jwrg3 about his last meeting. just recently he mentioned his last meeting with 40 jw youth. Knowing how the Borg is run makes this seem impossible. I would oh so like to believe his claims but I don't. I don't want to call him out on jwrg3 cause that groups all about love (which I think is great). I'm just not sure what he could be getting out of lying like that unless it's all about the notoriety.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit