Which vacation would the Society prefer a Witness take?

by LogCon 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Funny!! The answer is that none of your suggestions is approved. They would like you to come and work for free at Warwick, or come visit on your own dime and contribute while you are there. Using your free time to preach in seldom worked territory is also WTBTS approved.

DD

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

I know this may be radical, but what if you just don't tell anyone that you're going on vacation? Or where you're going? Even if someone hears you're going out of town, you don't have to give them any details, do you? You can say, "Yeah, we've never been to Cancun, so we're taking a week off and going there. We want to see some of the Mayan ruins and get in some scuba diving."

What could they possibly say except, "Have fun!" If they're the kind of people who think demons will come screaming out of the skull walls, would they dare counsel you about it? Even if they did, you can say, "Hmmm...never thought about that. Okay, we'll skip the Mayan ruins and go out on a pirate cruise and buffet. Yo, ho, yo ho, and all that!"

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

The Dubs take regular vacations with out hiding. I still get travel brochures for my mother from the Travel Agency located in Illinois that's run by a brother. Just got one in the mail this weekend, started to save the address to tell him he sending mail to a deceased person, but didn't bother.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

If you let the Watchtower influence your life when it comes to vacations......they will try to influence your life in those areas. Best to make it clear you will not put up with any JW's getting into your vacation business.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

nice topic. 1 and 2 would be frowned upon. 3 would be ok, but people would be jealous.

as for 1 and 2, i think it's also some kind of jealousy, but of the "have no other god before me" kind. you'd actually be doing something useful instead of wasting time annoying people.

• LogCon
    LogCon

Test-1-a-478-Fri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit