MY 10 YEAR OLD COMES HOME FROM SPECIAL ASSEMBLY DAY AND SAYS...

by PaintedToeNail 28 Replies latest jw friends

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

Despite the fact that they discourage higher education, from what I've noticed, different speakers give their input on it. Some are more liberal than others. The more liberal ones (or speakers with family members and friends that have gone to to college) are ok with a short time in college (or preferably technical school) but they tell you to put theocratic stuff first. The more conservative ones are tougher and highly discrouage it. They tell you not to go. That's what happened at one assembly. One guy was saying not to go and the next guy that came up was saying it was ok. It was odd. They also gave us an experience of a sister that went to college for 4 years while being a pioneer and became a lawyer. She used her "higher education" to work for the watchtower. I didn't know you could become a lawyer in 4 Years. I found that strange. So it's ok to get a good education- as long you use it to work for them

• free2beme
    free2beme

does this post make you a HORSE whisperer?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I opened this thread in dread almost expecting "I want to get baptised!" But thankfully she's smarter than that.

It just occured to me that the picures of children being baptised in the magazines is aimed not at the parents, but the children themselves...

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

@Witness my Fury

They are aiming this at children. A short cartoon video was released on jw.org showing a young child getting baptized. There was an article on it ok Jw survey

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/why-it-is-morally-wrong-for-watchtower-to-push-baptism-on-children

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

I am happy that your daughter isn't influenced by their stupid way of thinking. You must be proud of her :)

• jemba
    jemba

I feel sad that your Daughter has to go to these horse sh!t conventions.

It sounds like you are helping her think for herself, it wont be long and she can decide for herself.

I feel so fortunate that we both came out together and didnt have to watch my kids get brainwashed.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

She is a smart kid. We have done a lot of critical thinking exercises the last few years. there are workbooks out there specially made for elementary kids. I also had my teenage son do higher level critical thinking workbooks, we would read the scenarios and have to debate the reasoning. My daughter loved to sit in on those discussions and she would find answers too.

Her father made her go, she hates going.

• designs
    designs

Smart daughter, my daughter picked up on that theme pretty early to

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi PaintedToeNail, I hope that you continue to ask your daughter what she wants to do and what she needs to study in college to reinforce her beliefs that the WTBTS is full of it!!

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• TD
    TD

"There was a kid who turned down a college scholarship so he could pioneer. How stupid! I would do anything to have a scholarship."

Very smart girl. Give her a pat on the back for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit