Comment made by an uber dub aunt

by joe134cd 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Ok I've read similar threads to this before, but I just thought I would share a comment made by an aunt. My aunts bible student died, and due to the families wishes the funeral service was given in another church. My Aunt with a disgusted look on her face when recalling the events to me said "and you know what, they must of only spent about 5 minutes talking about the person, and the rest of it was about the church". JUST AMAZING ISNT IT.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Shortly before I was "recruited" my grandfather had died on xmas eve. The funeral was held between xmas and New Year and we sang xmas carols. That was weird for a start.

The vicar spent 5 minutes telling us how my grandad was at peace with god up in heaven and then spent the next half hour telling us all the things we would have to do to get there ourselves. Knowing my grandad did none of what we were supposedly required to do but with plenty of reassurance that he was safely up there got me thinking. The sister I was studying with had a field day when I told her.

They don't see it.

• garyneal
    garyneal

My Aunt with a disgusted look on her face when recalling the events to me said "and you know what, they must of only spent about 5 minutes talking about the person, and the rest of it was about the church."

"Oh, so that person must've had a kingdom hall funeral then. I hear that they do that," would've been my response.

But seriously, when my grandfather on my mother's side passed away, the pastor went on and on about, "I don't know if he had been saved or not," and then proceeded to tell us what we needed to do to be saved. I was disgusted, I mean this man could've at least asked the family whether or not my grandfather was saved.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

What I getting at here is just how blinded they are, as the exact same thing happens in the KH. In fact I think it's even stipulated in the outline that X amounts of minutes is to be given talking about the person and the rest of it is on the watchtower.

• Zoos
  • bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

It's a gracious five minutes eulogizing the deceased.

By comparison, the JW funeral talk is approx. 30 minutes long - walloping a 28 minutes sales pitch.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Zoos >>> great minds think alike !

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

At JW memorial services it reminds me of Jesus words, "Let the dead bury their dead."

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

How Ironic!

• flipper
    flipper

JOEL- JW's are so hypocritical that they can't see their own deficiencies or faults- but clearly THINK that they can see non-Witnesses faults or other religions errors. It's mainly due to being under the WT Society mind control.

In ZOO's quote from the WT Society of instructions on how to give a JW funeral talk interesting it states, " Instead of eulogizing the deceased, use the material in this outline to give a fine witness concerning the truth. GOOD BALANCE should be observed in this respect. "

Let's see, it's a 30 minute talk and only 5 minutes is spent on eulogizing the deceased and 25 minutes is a marketing talk for the WT Society.

Messaage to WT leaders : How about finding REAL BALANCE and making the funeral talk 15 minutes eulogizing the deceased JW and then 15 minutes marketing the JW cult ? Sounds a little more like real " balance " in my opinion. Jackasses

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit