Dr. Who

by KariOtt 14 Replies latest social entertainment

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

I loved it! Ended up watching it live on TV and then went yesterday to a cinema to watch it on the big screen in 3D. Huge fun and a great tribute to 50 years of Who.

konceptual99

Hopefully we shall watch it in the am instead of going to the meeting....

Oh and also met up with wizzstick for 5 mins - great to put a face to a name.

Hope you enjoyed the event and the episode - and it was great to meet up as well. Hope your kids and wife enjoyed it all as well.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Well, I finally got to watch the Day of the Doctor. Found a legal place that streamed it for free from the UK. I have to say, what a cool role for Rose Tyler! I liked that quite a bit.

• blondie
    blondie

We saw it on the big screen in 3D at the local theater late last night with a theater full of fans. It was great. I came on board with Tom Baker. There were 4 showings (had been one and the added 3 more). I'm looking forward to the next doctor.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

I love it if only to sit and talk with my family afterwards about the plot holes. With honourable exceptions (for example The Empty Child and Blink) it has lost the scare factor that made it so memorable. If I had my way the sonic screwdriver would be broken (its become a get out of plot impasse tool of convenience) and I'd make the companions less 'special', the companions always had to be potentially you or I to add to the magic. Special effects are excellent but the storylines are too grandiose and lack depth. imo.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Well, this current writer just doesn't have the mojo the old one did -- one of them was Russell Davies -- can't remember the other guy's name. Anyway, the last couple of years of Dr. Who haven't been that good except for a few shows.

This most recent one -- The Day of the Doctor -- wasn't especially memorable except for the cool role for Rose Tyler. O/W, kind of hohum.

Still, I'm looking forward to Capaldi. An older doctor sounds like a good idea.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit