BESTSELLERS--who actually buys these things?

by Terry 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

Just think, Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly are knocking about on top of the Bestseller list to the tune of 52,000+ copies each!

I say, who buys these books?

I've read Killing Lincoln, Killing Kennedy and Killing Jesus--but, I did it by sitting in the library--not by plopping down $20+ bucks each.

I only read one Rush Limbaugh book.

I use to be a political junkie but stopped cold turkey exactly 11 months ago.

I no longer watch any political programs or read any political books.

I'm a lot happier for it it, too.

So, what book would I recommend for 52,000 of you to run out and get?

See below

Product Details

I Wept by the Rivers of Babylon: A Prisoner of Conscience in a Time of War by Terry Edwin Walstrom
  • tec
    tec

Lol... it IS good ; )

Peace,

tammy

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Who is Rush Limbaugh?

Great recommendation. Is it in the library yet? Perphaps I can save a few bucks.

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

NY44M: Rush Limbaugh is a paranoid delusional political talkshow radio host of the conservative variety who I used to listen to daily. He believes 'there's a liberal conspiracy whose only goal is to destroy the United States, as obviously no one can legitimately hold the opinions held by those damn liberals.' I'm paraphrasing a little bit because it's been a couple years, but that is what he said that finally convinced me to stop listening to him.

Terry: That looks like a fascinating book. I'll have to have a look at it.

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

Read this book. You won't be disappointed.

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

I read four or five books in a week. I'm semi-retired. I buy my books at thrift shops, and I always wonder why someone paid thrity dollars for a book, left it unread and then donated it to a junk store. Unless it's something I need to prepare for a lecture, I never buy new.

• Terry
    Terry

Great recommendation. Is it in the library yet? Perphaps I can save a few bucks.

DOH!

• Terry
    Terry

That looks like a fascinating book. I'll have to have a look at it.

Please do. I tried to strike a balance between humor, pathos and scandal

• Terry
    Terry

Read this book. You won't be disappointed.

I endeavored to quote as few scriptures as humanly possible, too. Common sense: most readers would know all the arguments backwards

and forwards anyway. Better to tell a personal story.

I think it is very important too to demonstrate how conscientious objectors such as the 7th Day Adventists managed to do some good old-fashioned

heroic and humanitarian work while JW's don't do a damned thing for anybody other than waste time. That story needed telling!

• jgnat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit