Anatomy of a JW Prayer...

by Mister Biggs 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• badwillie
    badwillie

ooo oooo I got one...
    how about "the Rambler" found in every congregation...his prayers are extraordinarily verbous and usually end up as meaningless drivel, it goes a little somethin' like this:

"...dear heavenly Father Jehooooovah...we humble our hearts dear father and mercifully come before your glorious heavenly fatherly thone of wondrously undeserved kindness and graciousness and bow our imperfect heads in submission to your supreme sovereignty of all the universe dear father Jehooooovah....and we say:
    thank you, ....through the name of your only begotten son and our mighty redeemer and king...the sinless lamb of the world..the word..the Logos..aka Immanuel, your son Jeeesus name, AMEN!

• LDH
    LDH

How about the "extra portion of holy spirit" on those 'undergoing trials"---at least until the article came out that said "asking for EXTRA holy spirit is implying that a regular portion of holy spirit couldn't do the job."

Lisa

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto
    how about "the Rambler" found in every congregation

Have you been to morning worship at Bethel?..some of those prayers
    were longer than the Solomon Temple Dedication Prayer.-

imagine the last prayer at a district convention x4--everyday!!

• badwillie
    badwillie

Lisa - yeah, I remember when they said spirit isn't sold in portions anymore, now you gotta buy the whole case.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

You mean like this one only when the finish it they start over from the begining and go through it again?

Heavenly father Jehovah, we come to you at this time in prayer and ask that your Spirit continue to be apon us and all our brothers and sisters throughout the world and continue to guide us in the path of ritiousness so that we may remain steadfast in your eyes and resist the temptations of the world. And our heavenly father Jehovah we also ask that you continue to give us the strenegth nessessary to continue to grow spirtually so that we may not only be of better service to you but also help those of our brothers and sisters who have to struggel more then others and find it hard to make it to all of the meetings each and every week and miss out on the wonderful spiritual food you have so abundantly provided for us. And Jehovah our heavenly father we also pray along with all of our brothers and sisters that you soon bring and end to this wicked system of things and all the pain and suffereing that goes along with it. We know that we are not perfect and we do fall short at times and for this reason we ask that you continue to forgive us. All this we ask of you in the name of your only begotten son Christ Jesus...Amen. followed by a bunch of little amens simultamiously acompanied by moans and groans and coments on what a wonderful talk the brother gave this evening.

http://my.cybersoup.com/wierdchit

• Room 215
    Room 215

Been listening to these monologues for almost a half century yet never heard: ``O Jehovah, forgive our enemies.''

Didn't a guy named Jesus make that suggeztion to his groupies?

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

"We humbly approach you, now, through your son's name..."
    and
    "Please forgive us for our many sins and shortcomings because we ARE imperfect..."
    (Jehovah must be up there saying, "Well, duh! Of course you're going to sin if you're imperfect! Why do these people keep reminding me that they're imperfect? For God's...I mean...For MY sake!"

badwillie, LDH, Musto...
    You have all cracked me up! :o)

plmkrzy-
    I'm sure you just took a lot of people back to the meetings with that prayer. You sound just like them! LOL!

Room 215-
    Actually, in a recent WT (about the Republic of Georgiathey said that we should pray for our enemy. Then, one or two prayers in the next few meetings thereafter went something like, "Please forgive our persecutors and help them be won over to the faith by the conduct of our brothers and sisters who are being persecuted..."

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Mister Biggs,

excellent topic and brilliant ...
    phrases!

LDH, your reminder: "... about the "extra portion of holy spirit"

has really caught me from the first time, with big debates and

discussion. Really on the mark.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest