to violet

by troubled 13 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

LDH/Lisa,

I am with you on this one. I am now in email communication with 2 JWs. They really can't handle my questions. I don't think our communication will continue.

Troubled,

I am glad that you are back with us. I remember your first posts and the turmoil you were going through. You seem to have enough intellectual integrity to still look at both sides of the issue. I just hope that some day you are no longer "troubled."

• SYN
    SYN

VioletAnai: How can talking to Apostates be risky? Are you afraid that you'll lose your "Faith"(TM)? God, you people are SO superstitious..

"Until they become conscious, they will never rebel. Until they rebel, they will never become conscious." - George Orwell

• troubled
    troubled

Larc,

Just curious: What questions are the 2 JWs you email not able to handle?

• Salud
    Salud

Hello Troubled,

Nice to see that you still post on this board. I still remember the post you put up right after 9/11 and the concern you had for people in the 'field'. We were touched by your concern. Unfortunately the confines of the organization do not allow most people to feel the way you do. My wife and I have been DF'd for 1 1/2 years now and back then we were trying for reinstatement (long story) and I remember the meeting right after and I told my wife to notice if anything in the concluding prayer is mentioned re. 9/11. Sure enough the 'brother' mentioned everything under the sun except the incident. The prayer seemed so rehearsed and so obvious but with no feeling. It did not surprise me. The fact that you are here shows that you see problems within. At one point we were where you are at but much research and personal exp. with committees and the Borg has helped us move on.

At any rate I hope you will continue to come here and share your ideas and thoughts. I can understand and relate to the feelings of some here and please don't take it personal. But I also realize that this is a JW discussion forum for anything JW related (not an attack on JW's) so keep on posting. It is everyones God given right to choose which religion is right for them whether we agree with it or not. Aren't we glad that God is the judge in the end!

Salud

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit