to violet

by troubled 13 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled
    troubled

Hi Violet,

I've been reading your posts but haven't responded until now. At this point, I'll say a couple of things. For one, don't take Dungbeetle's posts personally. This person verbally abuses anyone who defends the WTS in any way and is prone to calling them trolls as well. I know, because it happened to me when I posted more regularly.

I can understand your wanting to remain a JW, even though you've had some bad experiences yourself. I feel that way too. That is your personal choice, just as it was the personal choice of most on this forum to leave.

Violet, no matter which way you go, you'll have a group of "supporters" who favor your decision. So think, research, pray, and make up your own mind.

You don't need to justify your decision to any group of humans, including the people on this board.

• troubled
    troubled

p.s.

Not trying to cut down the people on this board. Just emphasizing that it's your personal decision to make, regardless of whether other people approve.

I came to this board a few months ago with some questions and issues I was struggling with. I've needed to investigate and weigh both sides. But I found myself always in a position of having to "defend" myself and my viewpoints and getting caught up in mud slinging, which defeated my whole purpose of being here. I sometimes still research here but don't get involved in pointless arguments.

• Dawn
    Dawn
    it's your personal decision to make, regardless of whether other people approve.

I agree with troubled on this point!

Remember when we were JW's - we knew that our way was the ONLY way - we were right - we had the truth and noone else did. And EVERYONE needed to go our way to be saved. Those who refused were ridiculed and shunned.

It is sometimes hard to change old habits. Most people on this board (myself included) have found a new life we are happy in. We can prove many teachings about the JW's that are false - and we want to save people from that religion.

However, it really comes down to a personal decision. Each person needs to make their own decision about their life, whether we agree with it or not.

Hopefully Violet will find one thing here that she will not find at the JW's - people who will continue to listen and be her friend even if we do not agree with or support her decision.

I am a born again christian. While I would love to share my new faith with Violet it is not right to FORCE it on her or insist that she agree with me. Being a true christian means being a friend to others - loving others - regardless of their beliefs.

To Violet - there will most likely be a time quite soon when you will be troubled or have questions again. I hope that you will feel comfortable posting them here for us to respond. However, if you do not - please feel free to e-mail me privately. While I will, of course, offer you biblical advice that may or may not agree with the JW teachings, I will understand that it is always your decision to make and I will not require you to agree with me in order to continue our conversations.

• SYN
    SYN

Troubled: So you're going to ignore all our hard work too? Damn, arguing with Dubs is like arguing with a wall, seriously. Troubled, are you a man? That would be great, 'cause then you can lord it over Violet!

"Until they become conscious, they will never rebel. Until they rebel, they will never become conscious." - George Orwell

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

troubled,

Welcome back! Or did you ever leave? I hope you're still here lurking and learning.

Andi

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Anybody can go back through troubledtroll's posts and see this person for the liar it is. JW's do NOT get attacked on this forum. Liars do and will continue to be attacked here.

troubled, are you just plain jealous? reading on the board about the lives we've created, the freedom we have, the friends we've made? The things that GOD wants us to have?

• Imbue
    Imbue

Is someone attacking Violet?.... where? I really want to know.....

I agree everyone has the right to choose how they believe and worship! And no Violet you don't have to jusify your beliefs to anyone, except if you get called before a judical commitee for associating with apostates.

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

Thanx to you too Troubled for yer support....although I think it's a little risky sticking yer neck out for me....

Let's end this whole kawfuffle now shall we? And endeavour to be the supportive community that we displayed in the past....

I'm getting wwwwaaaayyyyy more attention than I deserve here! As Dung, Syn, Comf, Naeby and others will agree (Finally something we can all agree on! Hehe)

Thanx Again!

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Since at least 1917, and probably before, JW's (Biblestudents)have been whining that they are 'persecuted'(TM)for serving God, teaching/preaching the Bible, and refusing to kill other people in warfare.

this is a blatant and flagrant lie. (with maybe two short-term exceptions). JW's are 'persecuted'(TM) becasue of their patronizing, condescending, holier-than-thou, self-righteous, bible-thumping, God- is-on-my-side-alone, I-will-do-as-I-please-as-long-as-someone-else-pays-the-bills attitude.

Pro-Watchterites (and other people too if you haven't noticed) come to this forum and start whining that they are being 'persecuted'(TM) becasue they are prowatchtower (or whatever). This is a blatant and flagrant lie. these people are 'persecuted'(TM)becasue of their patronizing, condescending, holier-than-thou, self-righteous, bible-thumping, God- is-on-my-side-alone, I-will-do-as-I-please-as-long-as-someone-else-pays-the-bills attitude.

THE MORE THINGS CHANGE THE MORE THEY STAY THE SAME.

• LDH1
    LDH1
    But I found myself always in a position of having to 'defend' myself and my viewpoints

Does not the Bible itself teach that you should be ready to defend your beliefs, troubled?

I think what bothers most JW and supporters that find their way to this site--they have to defend their beliefs to people who have prepared for their irrational and emotional arguments with rock solid facts.

Troubled, it's very different when you go to the door preaching--most people are NOT prepared to answer your questions; not having been thinking deep thoughts while eating Corn Flakes as they start their day.

Violet can convert to the Hare Krishna for all I care; but when she or anyone come to this site expecting to blather off WBTS bullshit without being challenged...... so solly <<fake Chinese accent>>>

Amen, Dung. JWs need professional help for their martyr/persecution complex.

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit