How does one Disassociate oneself?

by lv4fer 22 Replies latest jw friends

• simplesally
    simplesally

I think if you disassociate yourself you are still playing by their rules and their terms.

I think some here have avoided it by saying things like they've been "dealing with it on their own for a while and will just continue to do that," or "I'll talk when I feel more comfortable".... or you could say you would talk when you know what you want to talk about!

You could mention you are under lots of pressure now and will get back to them when you feel up to it.

You could move. Although I wouldn't. You could change your phone number and then only give it out to ones you want and get caller ID.

• Quotes
    Quotes

My two cents:

Why play by their rules to tell them you don't want to play by their rules? That's why I didn't write a DA letter.

If you have friends/relatives you want to keep, try to keep fading and not get DF/DAd.

OTOH, if they set up a JC to investigate you for charges of apostasy, do the following ( this worked for me)

Go to their meeting, play mind games with them and let them trip themselves up on their own illogical arguements, and be sure to secretly record the entire thing!

Then at the end of the evening, before they DF you, verbally tell them you don't want to be part of an organization whose leadership compromosed their integrity re: UN and walk out. At least you did it on your terms, and have the tape as a souvenir.

===========================
    For interesting Watchtower Society literature quotes, complete with references but without any editorial, check out:
    http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

The shepherding visit after you hand in yr DA letter is a blast!!!

From AK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit