What's happening to Violetanai?

by Marilyn 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

I haven't read all the responses from yesterday but I know many of you will have "made a good account of yourselves". Why can't we help her? I know from the number of people that I converted that there is a turning point at which time you stop being receptive to outside advice and opinions. Why? How does that happen? How do people put themselves out of reach of help?

I was thinking of that movie "A Beautiful Mind" - and that guy (can't remember his real name) even with severe mental illness he employed rational thought to try to over come the delusions. I'm not trying to say that Vi is mentally ill, but she is refusing to think on the rational arguments. Is it because she is now convinced that she is right and therefore it's the old "don't confuse me with the facts, I've made up my mind" scenerio?

• LB
    LB
    therefore it's the old "don't confuse me with the facts, I've made up my mind" scenerio?

I'm sure that's part of it, but remember, Vi has had her fair share of problems in her life. More than the average person. I like Vi and understand her outbursts.

She goes back and forth and seems to be leaning towards becoming a witness right now. They are offering her everything and seem to want little in return. It's almost too good to be true right? Then she comes here, vents a bit and gets blasted by those of us who know what the society really is about.

That only reinforces the witness line about apostates.

I wish the best for Vi. I know some witnesses who appear to be very happy. They are in the minority. Hopefully Vi won't bite off more than she can chew. If she becomes a witness and her old demons come back to haunt her then she will find a total lack of love as she has never experienced before. I'm sure we'll be here for her, at least I hope we will be.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Some people may be assuming violet-anus is legitmate and has been since day one.

I have assumed nothing like that. I see no reason to assume anything like that.

It does appear that this person is attending meetings right now, which could make them as much a 'troll' (present on the forum with intent to disrupt) as a 'bible study' or 'disfellowshiped seeking reinstatement' or whatever the current story is, I can't keep them straight.

I saw no evidence that Violet-anus was evere attacked on this forum. Oh WAIT!!! It was in the chatroom or private email, and they can't prove it...

<yawn>

If you really believe that the Watchtower is full of lies, hypocrisy, and death-dealing, you cannot stand to be there very long.

If you really believe the Watchtower is God's only true channel(TM)in dealing with humans <gag> <choke> you cannot hardly stand to be on this forum.

violet-anus is not the first person on this forum who has demanded a lot of our time, attention, and other resources---and has given nothing in return.

Ho Hum..just another day on JW.COM...

• teejay
    teejay

What do YOU think is “happening” to Violet, Marilyn?

As for me, I think it’s pretty simple. She’s doing what she wants to do.

Eric, a friend of mine, fishes on the weekend. Mind you, I’ve gone fishing and I understand why fishers fish. Still, I figured out that, while I like some kinds of fish, I hate fishing. So, I don’t fish. God bless Eric.

I have another friend, Aaron, who golfs on the weekend. I’ve golfed about half a dozen times in my life and understand the mathematical attraction of the game. I just don’t like it myself. While I don’t care for it myself, I understand those who do. Point is: I don’t golf either. God bless Aaron.

I think I understand Violet. God bless Violet.

• teejay
    teejay

Dung,

Violet-anus?

Un-cool. Waaay uncool. Attack the argument, not the person.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

If the shoe fits, throw it.

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

I do understand that Vi has had a difficult life. She has also had a number of "experiences" - supernatural experiences, that appear to reinforce the Witness view. I think these as much as anything, are influencing her. I am really sorry for her situation and I think she is a sweetie and I really wish her well.

Marilyn

• teejay
    teejay

Dung,

You're better than that.

• bitter mango
    bitter mango
    Why can't we help her?

you can't help someone who doesn't want help. she claims she's content now, leave her be until she comes here needing support after being hurt and dissapointed that she didn't really find the truth.

when you blow out like a dead star it reminds me how uniform your beautiful is

• Kismet
    Kismet

Dung:

I am not sure what is inspiring you to start with all these personal attacks. This is not the same DungBeetle from even 6 months ago. What is with the activist angst you have been showing here lately?

Who cares if Violet goes back to meetings if she is happy?
    If she is a troll people will soon recognise that fact?
    How do your current tactics with such ones really help?

Yes there are WT people following thi site, but paranoia will not help matters. A WT spy is not going to be as upfromnt about their association as Violet has done. While she may be ignoring the logic presented I do not see how that warrants the attacks from you or others.

I guess I must be missing something

Kismet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit