garybuss

Leander, You wrote:

<. . . she asked me why was I looking for mistakes that the WTS had made.>

Why were you?

I was just wondering too . . .

gb

• gravedancer
    gravedancer
    IT MAY INVOLVE ONLY A DIFFERANCE OF WEEKS OR MONTHS ,NOT YEARS.

MAY MAY MAY MAY.....

You MAY eat donuts for dinner....is that the same as saying you WILL eat donuts for dinner?

While I dislike the WT as much as anyone here...I haven't forgotten how to read. It is certainly not the missing text that indicts them totally.

• dins
    dins

I can see your point with the "may involve", however I think that the WT is guilty of putting the suggestion into people's minds to begin with by using cleverly phrased words and suggestions. If it turns out to be right, they take credit..if not, then the members have "read too much into it."

Just a thought.

Diana

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

Oh I totally agree...we KNOW what there intent was...they just left a loophole!!!

Snakes!!!

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

this sad story of the end in 1975 is testimonial for a misguided slave class that takes seat on the thrown which is not its own.
    they make the decisions what is to believe and what not, they cancel their teachings by finding certain goats for asahel and sending tehm into desert.
    I recognize very exact how it was the 1975 teaching with the utterances from the circuit-overseers or district overseers or even the branch overseers when they spoke on platforms during the assemblies.
    all present JWs were excited and looked forward as if nothing else could happen than what was said.
    I know people who stopped paying into their pension cash, even who stopped working and doing pionieering as the end would come.
    And nothing came but 1976 and the same procedure like last year.
    its really funny that today even those elders who have been in their 20ies in this time talk without doubt that the 75 story was accumulated by personal activities of some persons but not by the slave.
    Indeed an exact brainwashing by those writers and strategic guys over in Brooklyn.
    I guess they all will reap a heavy harvest when they come to their judgement day. those cowards still tell lies and twist the truths of the bible to underline their own ideas.
    But - a former brother said it - at a certain time a great ass will arive on the sky and shit them all away.
    That is typically not my style but it describes the logical situation.
    God will not accept neither any hypocrycy nor any slave who hurts his bretheren. they ll get a full trial and the kick where it belongs.
    I appreciate the singel JW who believes in god and his trukly word, someone who waits for god and his purpose.
    the end will come - at least the physical for everyoone and, at time which is favored in gods eyes - the end of this world with its unbelievable christian behavior, witnessed by those who call themselves the faithfull slave. Those guys have their wage surely written in gods wage book

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

If they didn't expect the end in 1975, why then did they publish the book; "God's Kingdom of a Thousand Years Has Approached," in 1973? If this isn't a handbook for how things were supposed to be right after 1975, I don't what is!

*** ka 44 3 Enjoying the Visionary Preview of the Thousand Years ***

41 According to the Bible’s timetable, the beginning of the seventh millennium of mankind’s existence on earth is near at hand, within this generation. Now as at no time in the past the inhabitants of earth need the binding and abyssing of Satan the Devil in a real way. The world events immediately ahead of this are about to take place, and mankind’s great adversary and oppressor will be sealed up in the abyss for ten centuries of time. The royal rule of Christ and his resurrected congregation for a thousand years of peace and blessing to the human family is before us with all its glorious possibilities! A “great crowd” of dedicated Bible believers who are now putting their hopes in the millennial reign of Christ have divine assurance of being preserved from death and being ushered into that brightest period of all human history. What a blessed prospect for them!

Although it does not give a date as other publications do, a simple look at the table of contents shows the books real purpose. The entire book is talking about the thousand year reign, as they know it. So, why would they be so urgently releasing this book in 1973, if not to prepare followers for the fall in 1975?

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• winsome
    winsome

Here is another gem on 1975.

Please compare these quotes and see if the WTS emphatically taught the actual date of 1975 as the beginning date of the millenial reign of Christ over earth, and the consummate date of Armageddon.

To follow along with these quotes, all we need to know is the WTS views the length of a "Creative Day" as being 7,000 year long. They believe the last 1,000 years of the 7th Creative Day or 7,000-year period, to be fulfilled in the millenial reign of Christ. Thats all you need to know.

Here are the quotes:

*** God's Eternal Purpose Now Triumphing For Man's Good (book) 1974 p. 51 ***

"Would there be another creative 'day,' a seventh 'day,' at the close of the 'morning' of which the whole earth would be populated with a human family and be a global Paradise? 'Evening' of seventh creative 'day' begins, 4026 B.C.E."

Now let's do the math.

4026 B.C.E. + 6000 years = 1975 beginning of Millenial Reign

Which means at least by 1975, Armageddon must have come and gone.

Would you say the WTS taught the date of 1975?

Another example:

*** God's Eternal Purpose Now Triumphing For Man's Good (book) 1974 pp. 131-132 ch.11 The Messiah of God's "Eternal Purpose" ***

"MORNING" OF SEVENTH CREATIVE "DAY" BEGINS, 526 B.C.E.

5 The first half or "evening" period of God's seventh creative "day" was now closing, 3,500 years from the creation of Adam and Eve.

Lets do the math again.

We start with 6,000 years total. They say 3,500 years has already been used up by the year of 526 B.C.E. So, that leaves us 2,500 years left. Therefore we add 2,500 years to 526 B.C.E. which brings us to 1975.

Again we see, the WTS says by the year of 1975 Armageddon should be over and 1,000 reign should begin.

Now let's examine this quote, AFTER 1975 did not bring Armageddon nor the 1,000 year reign of Christ.

*** Awake! 1995 June 22 p.9 Can You Trust God's Promises? ***

"...More recently, many Jehovah's Witnesses [not the WTS or F&DS] conjectured that events associated with the beginning of Christ's Millennial Reign might start to take place in 1975. Their anticipation was based on the understanding that the seventh millennium of human history would begin then. These erroneous views did not mean that God's promises were wrong, that he had made a mistake. By no means! The mistakes or misconceptions, as in the case of first-century Christians, were due to a failure to heed Jesus' caution, 'You do not know the time.'..."

It was "Jehovah's Witnesses" who made the mistake. Not the WTS or the Faithful and Discreet Slave. So the WTS and F&D Slave is not guilty of this sin. The brothers simply "conjectured". It wasn't actually taught in the printed publications by the F&D Slave.

What do you believe?

winsome

• borgfree
    borgfree

Grace,

Some of us “older” ones, like me, grew up reading this @#%^@ our whole lives. We were disappointed over and over as the WT changed teachings. Once an elder told me that everlasting life did not mean life would last forever, it was really “life indefinite”

Some of us remember the big disappointment at Yankee Stadium when they had the BIG buildup in a speech to make us believe the “faithful ones of old” had been resurrected, only to learn they were referring to the overseers for the WT.

THEN, Jehovah’s Witnesses cannot understand why some, like me, have intense hatred for the Watchtower, Bible and Tract Society.

Borgfree

"You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Ziggy
  • mouthy
    mouthy

My dear borgfree -You are too sweet a person to hate even the Borg-
    Yes We were duped. Over & over again. But think if it -we would never have known each other if we were still there.
    I consider you one of my family. Love ya lots........

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

LOL @ grace! Good work. Yes, wait a cotton pickin minute! God expects you to reverse time-travel back to 1914 and find out if he picked you or not!

what a load of donuts!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit