as long as shunning continues donations will be slow

by poopie 24 Replies latest jw friends

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

The question, who are the ones that is doing the most shunning,

ages 60 and above or is it across the board.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

GINGERBREAD:

You are not kidding that they are reaping what they sow but it isn't just about being shunned though.

I was criticized back in the days when I was active in the religion because I worked full-time. I had to listen to unkind remarks that I was "materialistic". I was generally viewed negatively in the congregation because of this. But, I paid no attention and kept on working. I cringe when I think of how damaged I would have been if I listened to their garbage!

Now....fast forward to today in 2015 and they imagine they are going to target the very people they criticized for working for a living!!!

I am so glad I'm no longer associated with the religion and I understand the caliber of people there is not like 30 years ago. I feel the few friends I have there have checked their brains at the door long ago, sadly.

Any responsible working people who remain in the religion are going to be hit up for money left and right, not to mention having all the dysfunctionals inflicted on them!

There is no way I would ever tolerate this and I am glad to be OUT of this mess.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

The mind of a JW. When my family members who were never JW's

saw first hand the shunning of me by my JW family members it

stop them dead in their tracks, some were studying at that time. They

wanted no parts of Jehovah's religion.

So now my JW family members shunning has turn to hate, because

they blame me for turning the other non-JW family against the truth.

If only I would come back after 28 years the family could come together

again. What dumb nuts my JW family are, they don't have a clue.

• SAHS
    SAHS
    Well, whenever they pass around those survey slips on which you’re supposed to write in an amount you pledge to donate when they announce a need to cover specific congregation expenses, I always conscientiously fill it in and submit it anonymously . . . . with a big fat ZERO! I’ve voted with my pocketbook, and I let them know it!
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

The vibes I am getting from some "still in " people. They are not donating. Woo Hoo! They are just there for the social life.

If the money isn't or won't be a problem in the future, they would not have put together an hour and a half of begging. Not coercing (as Stephen Lett says "we don't do that like other religions do). Yeah right "Brother" Lett.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit