as long as shunning continues donations will be slow

by poopie 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    What Morpheus said.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Morpheus, I believe they will have a increase if they end the shunning policy.

I never returned because of the shunning policy. I would have never researched

the history of JW's or studied the Bible. Those of you who was born in, your life would

have been normal. How many of you would attend a meeting just to see old friends if

you weren't treated like your had leprosy.....

• brandnew
    brandnew

The borg needs shunning to exist....thats it.

No fear.......no people.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    The WTBTS is caught in a 'damned if you do and damned if you don't' scenario with regard to ending or modifying their d'fing and shunning policy. Either way they pay a very high price for their stupidity for inventing this cocamame doctrine!
  • poopie
    poopie
    I was talking to a friend of mine last night she was reinstated tuesday night we were sitting in restaurant and I asked her what it was liked to be shunned? She stated it was horrible she lost all of her friends they treated her like a leper she stated on her reinstatement 2 elders wanted to reinstate the third said no way after some arm twisting third elder capitulated and agreed with the majority she said non witnesses would hug her while she was shunned and that's what she needed she stated being shunned force her to draw close to Jehovah for financial help as well df ones tell me that they actually made more money while shunned and they feel that was Jehovah helping them see and.make up for the unloving treatment at the hands of those who call themselves his witnesses. WE EMBRACED ,and she went home feeling loved.
  • a watcher
    a watcher

Donations are slow because the economy is in the crapper. We're broke!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Shunning is a key tool in their "information control". Say something negative and you are banned from any conversation with other JWs that could awaken them too.

Even just the threat of shunning keeps many of us quiet from exposing TTATT to others.

Doc

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

How many of us woke up due to shunning??? I believe the shunning

today is backfiring. When I was DF years ago ,it was rare for one to leave

and never return. Today there is a large number of DF ones and the effect

on those family members still in it is devastating.

• C Lynne
    C Lynne
    Once I was dfed, I tried going to meetings just to appease my parents....I went for like 6 moths but not consistently. It drove me crazy....my parents just wanted me back "in" to make things "easier." I told them I could not live that lie. Once I moved out of their house and assumed myself as my own financial responsibility, I never went back to a kingdom hall. I feel like it would give me some kind of emotional meltdown if I tried to go back today. Its such a mind fuck. Plus, to do something with the wrong intention behind it was never my style. My parents still talk to me. My mom told me last week that no one was going to keep them from her children.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

My parents still talk to me. My mom told me last week that no one was going to keep them from her children.

As more and more JWs take that attitude, their shunning policy will lose it's power -- at least with family members.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit