Advise needed please

by EdenOne 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Dear forumites, I need your advise please.

I would like to write a letter to the world headquarters of the Jehovah's Witnesses regarding a subject that I've published an article recently. I would like to draw the attention of the GB to said article, which I will send in print form (therefore, no attention would be drawn to the website where it was published).

Naturally, because I am a Jehovah's Witness in good standing in the congregation and what I'll be discussing in my letter will be a dissenting view from the official doctrine/practice, I want to protect my identity and I don't want to be harassed by Elders or subjected to any sort of judicial investigation. Nevertheless, I would be very interested in reading their response (if any) to my letter.

How can I do that? How do I send a letter and expect a written reply, all the while keeping my identity a secret? I don't live in the US, btw.

Your sugestions are welcome.

Eden

• cofty
    cofty

I sent my research on the parousia to Brooklyn. I was a serving elder at the time and the body of elders sent a covering letter testifying as to my loyalty.

They never replied. I sent a second copy a few months later and enclosed a self-addressed reply envelope. Still waiting 18 years later, although I am surre there was a reference to it in a study article about a year later.

You will either get no response or a brief platitude.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Nevertheless, Cofty, I would like to give them the opportunity to answer in writing.

How would that hypothetical reply reach me while at the same time I would keep my identity a secret?

Eden

• cofty
    cofty

It wouldn't.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

If I would give a friend's address (non-JW) in a foreign country as my return address, would that be safe enough?

Eden

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

My husband wrote a letter about 20 years ago. In layman's terms the reply was: "shut up, sit down and do as your told" and the letter was sent back to the local body of elders.

I hope you have success, but from past experience it appears that they are too high and mighty to consider anything else.

All the best

Wanna

• cofty
    cofty

That could work but I doubt you would get a serious reply.

What is the article?

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

I wonder, if it came from a known studious publisher ( in the opinion of the local body) in a cong from another country with no apparent connection to yourself and with a reasonable standing in the cong???? Make letter available to said publisher and see what happens. Trouble is you are connected to your site via this forum so you gotta ask yourself,,,, would I rob a bank with this said person?

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

This one, Cofty.

Eden

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Open a PO box? They can be rented quite cheaply here in Uk.

GA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit