How jw parents do their best to make their some feel guilt

by will-be-apostate 12 Replies latest jw friends

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

I've got a 6 years old brother who recently expressed his concerns about my spirituality. He said that he had a dream about me being dead (i am at college, far away from my parents). He also told my parents that he was afraid I would no longer be a jw and in that case he wouldn't hug me again anymore; and that he was crying and felt very sad.

My dad called me today and told me all this and more. He made sure to use a that "my son, please come back to jehovah" voice tone. My brother asked him why I left home and their reply: He (I) wants to earn much money.

I know him, he just loves me very much, but sadly the indoctrination process has already started and is doing a very good job; he is just 6 for the love of god. This is the most evil thing I've encountered so far that was done to me. My grandma is really just a noobie in comparison with them.

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

I mintyped the title: How jw parents do their best to make their son feel guilty

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I am so sorry they are doing this to you and your young brother. It must be very painful for you.

Hang in there we are here for you, will

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Give them a hard time for raising you in a religion with a history of prophetic failure, and a history of destroying families who's children leave because of those failures.

That was their choice and they have to choose whether, or not, to destroy their relationships with their children when they can no longer pretend that the WT's failures are not covered by Deuteronomy 18:20-22. If they want to claim Jehovah hasn't failed, it is up to them explain any literature you bring to the table.

Start with the likes of typing 'selling homes short' into their WTCD and asking them to explain what it means without changing the subject or treating you llike a knuckle dragging retard.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Bump

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I can't imagine what you're going through. Emotional blackmail of the worst kind. If I were you, and I'm not, I'd reassure my little bro of your love and try to spend time with him just doing fun stuff so he forms good memories for later on in life.

• KateWild
    KateWild

This not on at all. I have never been like that with my kids. My daughter left and I supported her. She was open with me why she left and confided in me. She reasoned really well and I could not come up with an objection she was right.

Our relationship is fab.

Kate xx

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I have a question which I am going to put to elder/s at some point -

"Does the GB actually say that Higher Education is unscriptural for a Christian? If so, what scriptures confirm this reasoning, and if it's wrong, why does the Organisation accept Brothers/Sisters with college degrees into The Worldwide Order of Special Full-Time Servants of Jehovah's Witnesses?". (2005 Yearbook, p. 30)

• stillin
    stillin

Will be apostate: you can prove them wrong, you know. Stay as close to your family as is realistic. Celebrate their joys and swallow your pride. Be a real brother/son. it doesn't mean you are being hypocritical, only that you love them and value their love, right?

Sidenote:are you aware that you can make typo corrections or afterthoughts can be added to your posts? Click on the little pencil above your post within an hour or so of posting it and forgiveness is extended!

hang in there, bro!

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

So sad to hear this about you and your little brother. Similar happened to me once. My youngest sister was 16 and I was already DF'd for a couple of years. Somehow we got in touch and she told me she didn't want to be a JW. At that time I also had email contact with my parents for a short while. Apparantly they thought at that time me being DF'd wasn't a problem. One day my I stopped by the house of my parents (we were in the neighborhood while we lived 1,5 hour drive away) just to see and hug my little sister, and we did. She met my then fiance and it was all very nice. My parents did approve and knew that I had met my sister on their doorstep.

Not long after that I asked my parents through email if I could pick up my sister for a drink somewhere. Just to have an hour or so together, just the two of us. I had no intention of talking about the WTS, just wanted to get to know my sister a little bit better and hear her stories about school and being a teenager. (I'm twenty years older and was already married and moved away from my parents house by the time she was born). My mother reacted like stung by a bee... she asked me if I had secrets, why I didn't want to meet my sister in their home, what was I planning???? In fact I wasn't planning anything, had nothing to hide, just didn't want my to get my parents in any trouble with the ever spying brs. & srs. for entering their house for a social visit. My father had said earlier on that he would allow me to stay in touch with my sister, but suddenly he had changed his mind and he told me that I had to wait until she was 18. I was so disappointed!!! And I told my father that he was a liar, because he first said something quite the contrary. All of this only because of the weird suspicions of my mother!

My accusation of him being a liar pissed him off, as did my mother. The email contact stopped right then and there, not after he sent me a line that I'm egoistic and that he 'finished the book 'Bruja' and threw it away' (very hurtful I can tell you, since he actually said he was throwing ME away, his own daughter).

The only time I ever saw them again was with the funeral of my grandmother two years later, where they pretended that everything was fine (see earlier posting about that). After I wrote about that on my blog they started to hate me. Since then my sister has turned into our parents 'best daughter' and a JW-extremist and a clone of my mother with the same narcissistic destructive behaviour. She is now joining my parents in shunning my JW-brother and his family, because his fifteen year old daughter recently gave birth to a baby... oops... tiny mistake from my little niece!!!! (So glad I can 'see' all this from an enormous distance and don't have any part in this whole disturbed family anymore!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit