If I was out I'd...

by OneDayillBeFree 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Be the real me.

• happy@last
    happy@last

Since stopping I have the freedom to choose what I want to do without having to think about it. Celebrating holidays and birthdays has been fun. Learning how to perform magic has been a good mental exercise. I am watching films and TV series I would probably thought twice about. I don't shave my face when I don't want to (most of the time!), I say what is on my mind without wondering if I will offend or be controversial. I am being me!

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

The moment I got DF'd I started doing the things I wanted to do. Going out, making new friends, watch Harry Potter (which terrified me the first time haha), learn about tarot, witchcraft and paganism which I've been interested in ever since I was a very young girl (of course reading or learning anything about it was out of the question), so I now live my life the way I want to... Oh and I've tried smoking, but only when I got drunk at birthday parties hahahaha. Didn't last very long. Being drunk makes me feel horribly sick and smoking was just to make a statement: "I'm doing what I want!" So I've skipped drinking too much and quit smoking before I even really got started.

So I'm living a fairly normal life now (and for those who think that witches are flying broomsticks and copulate with the devil... sorry to let your vivid imagination down, but ehm... we don't ).

• jam
    jam

I found true love, watched UCLA football games on Saturdays in

the Rose Bowl, weekends in Las Vegas and sleep to noon on Sundays and

vote.

• molybdenum
    molybdenum

Get up Sunday morning and do a "Yeah! no preaching dance".

Something similar to a snoopy dance.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Active JW hubby wears slogan t-shirts under his dress shirt.

• KWJoe
    KWJoe

I would do what I was already doing, but without guilt and shame

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

My list of the things I've dabbled in so far....tattoos, nose piercings, dyed hair pink, mini skirts, pot smoking, out drinking till dawn, "slam dancing" at the clubs(I heard that term at a circuit assembly), university higher-learning, holidays, sex outside of marriage....it has been a busy four years of living!

Even though I've gotten a few eye rolls from some of my decisions, do I have any regrets?? Nope

It is my hope OneDay that you will get to knock off a few things from your bucket list!!!!

CHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit