INTERESTING QUOTE FROM A DISTRICT OVERSEER

by The Searcher 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I personally recorded a District Overseer's statement he made in a talk, regarding calling someone a "despicable fool". (Matthew 5:22)

He basically equated that term with calling someone an apostate!!! (the original Greek word used, can mean God-less)

And what did Jesus say would happen to such a name-caller? Gehenna!!! Have you ever heard anybody calling someone 'an apostate'? Me neither!!! :)

I'd like to share it with others here, but don't know how to upload the very short sound file. Can someone advise me how to do so? Thanks in advance!

• usualusername
    usualusername

Did this DO recommend not calling people an apostate?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

No, better than that - he said that if you called someone such a name, you could be liable for Gehenna!!

• thomasaquinas
    thomasaquinas

That's right. I reserve the right to call my own self an apostate!

• Brother Mike
    Brother Mike

this District overseer needs some counsel.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

How curious. Well, lots of people just put audio on YouTube with some text on-screen to explain what you're hearing, but if you don't like that, what about SoundCloud?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Sounds like the WTBTS is getting some fall-out over their hate speech last summer. If they really believed they had the truth, they would call a spade a spade, and damn the consequences. No, they would rather buy and sell real estate, and have dubbies sit quietly by a rolly-cart, displaying life-saving rescue information..

I would love to play that quote for my local BOE. Do you think they would apologize to me? LOL!! Maybe I could handle a microphone again?!?!

DD

• Island Man
    Island Man

Maybe that DO is awake and is sharing some TTATT on the sly.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

THANKS APOGNOPHOS - Here's the D.O.'s statement;

http://soundcloud.com/followthemoney-1/fool-mp3

He is effectively telling the GB et al that they are condemning themselves and blatantly disregarding Christ's warning if they call anyone an apostate!

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Woah, is that tony evans?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit