RBC

by Gypsy Sam 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

It's hard to believe it was only a little over a year ago I received my first official RBC assignment. I was so excited I posted about it on Facebook, to many likes from my fellow JW friends.

Fast forward to this year, learning TTATT and fading (last meeting was the Memorial and Special Talk).

I've received my fourth email, in the past two months, asking for RBC help.

Stifling urge to hit reply all, with a JWfacts and Candace Conti case web link...

Isn't it amazing how much your life and worldview can change in 1 year?

• whathappened
    whathappened

Yes, but something tells me you are going to do just fine.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Amazing and wonderful!

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Wow Gypsy Sam. that is a big change in a short time frame.

Well done for coping so well! It is true, and it shouldnt suprise us (but it does), we have all heard that 'knowledge is power' and there is a reason WT has such a monopoly on knowledge with their followers, with heavy restrictions on outside sources and personal research.

It goes against the grain to quote a bible verse, but despite not believing the verses to be anything but the words of men and women, that still does not devalue them as those words can still be poweeful and were repeated, written and bound for a reason.....

THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE.

Snare x

• Comatose
    Comatose

Its insane. Good job with handling it like you are! Crazy how learning the real truth changes your life.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I'm fortunate that my entire family lives quite a few states away from my daughter and me. I'm a very socially active person and I finally let the non-JW girls that were always there really become closer to me. They have been an amazing support to me and show more concern for us than a single JW ever showed.

Snare&Racket, I like that quote. I had wine bottles engraved with labels that symbolized my freedom, in my most recent (and first to be celebrated) birthday month: Carpe Diem for one and "to thyne own self be true" for the other.

If you are leaving JW and don't have a support system I HIGHLY recommend finding volunteer opportunities. You'll have fun and meet some likeminded people.

Yes, some will smoke and curse excessivley or be annoying religious, but part of moving on is re-educating ourselves and opening our minds. Think of how many Americans are asleep Sheople and be happy you escaped And can now question everything!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

SNARE: THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE.

CORRECTION: TTATT will set you free.

Doc

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Doc, how true :)

Oh, I should have initially added the email was for us to update the BA site with our skills, languages and passports.

Also, the email said they are looking for help for Warwick (we are in Forida).

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

You've evolved to a higher state of consciousness.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I honestly thought I could play both worlds e.g TTATT and do the JW thing. Now I realize I can't and it been 6 months now since I walked into a KH. Ive still got JW contacts on F/Book, and most of them I've told I'm just inactive now. I'm finding it hard to make friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit