1 John 4:8 — God is Love?

by braincleaned 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

In context of John 4, the love of God is manifest in that he has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.

My questions are:

• Where is there any hint of Love that would justify the killing of animals for sacrifice, then
    leading to a HUMAN sacrifice?

• Explain Exodus 29:18 and the preposterous idea that the aroma of death is pleasing to God?

• Explain how one can rationalize the torture, humiliation, and death of Jesus as a "good thing"
    considering that Jehovah is the inventor of this bloody protocol, and he allegedly has the
    power to forgive without any of this?

• Having given the idea to humans that sacrifice is a good thing, how could Jehovah violently
    kill whole nations who practiced this?
    *(more LOVE from Jehovah punishing child sacrifice — what he intended to do himself — by killing
    frantically: "The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against
    their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground,
    their pregnant women ripped open.” Hosea 13:16.)

Feel free to persuade us that Jehovah is Love.
    because to us logical thinkers, God is NOT love.
    Not by a longshot… good thing all this is fantasy and tales of folklore written by barbaric ruffians.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Good one Vince

Lets not forget the Hebrew god YHWH subsequent killing of the children of the Egyptian leaders who

refuse to let the Hebrews out of captivity. The killing of innocent children is justifiable love of humanity ....what ?

Richard Dawkins

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”

Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And what about hypocrisy? We all know what joke-hova thinks about consenting homosexuals. Anyone practicing homosexuality is despicable to that thing--which is repeatedly pointed out throughout the whole LIE-ble. Both old and new testament scorn fornication, adultery, and homosexuality. Yet, pedophiles practicing within the blind of religion are common within many Christian denominations, and some orthodox Jews are being busted. I would not be surprised to find Muslims, who object so viciously to sex, also have pedophile priests. Worst about this is that it is these very priests that preach how dirty sex is. They created the hang-ups in the first place, and they get to molest children. This smut goes all the way up to the pope!

Given that these sacred documents preach about giving up your material wealth to help "the poor", while condemning anyone that wishes to seek material wealth and keep it, I believe God wants us poor. This crap goes on in all the major Abrahamic religions. We see that Christi-SCAM-ity resembles communism more than anything else. Islam is not much better--the whole of Ramadan is about spreading the pain of the poor to everyone. We are supposed to fast during the day just because there are people that are poor? What does that accomplish to help the poor? Nothing. They don't help with the programming of souls to reject wealth. And those xians are always preaching about giving up their comforts for "the lord"--what good does that do?

Now, for a god that viciously condemns homosexuals, condemns people for being rich, condemns whole nations for just minding their own business, demands the Gentile population to obey the Noahide law in order to not be slaughtered, bans pagan (i.e., Satanic) religions, and demands ritual sacrifice (and all three have their sacrifices), is it loving to condone slavery, torture, and communism? Whether they be Jewish animal sacrifice, xian sacrifices of all our time and resources, or Islam sacrifices of prayer and austerity during certain periods, it is all wasteful and accomplishes nothing. Yet, this same god threatens death for anyone not obeying. Ruling with an iron fist--Communism? Totalitarianism? Murder, torture, violence, and force--this is how this joke-hova (or Jesus, or Allah) rules.

Then that thing has the nerve to blame Satan. What did Satan do? Actually, Satan tried to release us from such totalitarianism. Joke-hova had to issue the death threat in Eden; Satan simply appealed to human nature. Who won that little argument? And, why did joke-hova have to forcibly curse the population afterward? Why did that thing have to interfere every time Satan was within striking distance of ushering in a Golden Age? Blaming Satan for problems caused by the Dark Ages? Loving? The cat lick church, wihch the jokehovians are modeled closely after, did the Dark Ages--NOT Satan! In fact, it is Satan that is fighting for us to enjoy liberty and freedom. It is Satan that prevented worldwide communism in the 1920s. It is Satan that busted up the Dark Ages. It is Satan that is trying to free science so medicine can cure diseases, the energy crisis can be eliminated once and for all time, and we can enjoy life. Religion--Judaism, Christi-SCAM-ity, and Islam are all guilty of forcing superstition and dogma to corrupt science. And they are eager to blame Satan?

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

Could it be that you are trying to see logic within something that doesn't make sense or have any logic?

Christianity:

The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

If your holy book contains the word blood (459) more times than the words love (311), forgiveness (7) and beauty (49) combined...Your religion might be bul!sh@t.

• tec
    tec

Peace to you, braincleaned! Since you are using the book (bible) to determine that God is not love, I am compelled by the Spirit to also use the book (bible) to give you some things to think about.

My questions are:

• Where is there any hint of Love that would justify the killing of animals for sacrifice, then
    leading to a HUMAN sacrifice?

"I desire mercy, not sacrifice." Hosea 6:6, also repeated by Christ

"Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but my ears you have pierced;*

burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require.

Then I said, "here I am, I have come - it is written about me in the scroll-

I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is written upon my heart." Psalm 40:6-8

*pierced = opened.

So which is true? God wants sacrifices... or does not want sacrifices? How can you tell what is the truth about God?

• Explain Exodus 29:18 and the preposterous idea that the aroma of death is pleasing to God?

See above.

• Explain how one can rationalize the torture, humiliation, and death of Jesus as a "good thing"
    considering that Jehovah is the inventor of this bloody protocol, and he allegedly has the
    power to forgive without any of this?

The torture, humiliation and death of Christ... was not the good thing. And for certain, Christ was not being sacrificed to God by those who killed Him!

But Christ lay down his life for others; forgiving even those who put him to death; for not cursing God even in his pain and suffering; for remaining in God's love, loyal and obedient TO God. Doing what we so often fail to do... with regard to those who wrong us. God did not demand that anyone kill His son. It is the adversary is the one who prompted Judas to give Christ up. God knew what would happen and foretold it from the beginning; but that His Son would overcome, even death... and that any in his Son would also have life in His son. So the good thing... the good news... braincleand; is that though Christ gave his life and died... He yet LIVED!

The resurrection and the life.

He IS the resurrection and the life... and death has no hold on him; same as death has no hold on anyone IN him, covered by his blood (his life).

Recall how death could not enter the houses of the Israelites who had the blood of the lamb on their doorstep?

• Having given the idea to humans that sacrifice is a good thing, how could Jehovah violently
    kill whole nations who practice this?

There is no 'jehovah'.

But where do you see that God violently killed whole nations for anything?

*( more LOVE from Jehovah punishing child sacrifice — what he intended to do himself — by killingfrantically: "The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled againsttheir God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open." Hosea 13:16

That is a prophetic statement of what WILL happen; not what God, Himself, did or even ordered anyone to do.

Feel free to persuade us that Jehovah is Love.because to us logical thinkers, God is NOT love. Not by a longshot… good thing this is all fantasy and tales of folklore written by barbaric ruffians.

All that violence that you are speaking about here? Man did it. Same as he always has, same as he continues to do today.

Sometimes he attributes that to God. Sometimes he just does it on his own.

But God asks us to listen to His Son... who teaches us the truth and shows us the truth of God. Christ killed no one. He harmed no one. He stood up to those who lied about God, who beat the people and loaded them up with burdens (like the wts does to their people now), and gives people LIFE. All the truth about God.

Peace to you,

tammy

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Jesus god of the bible is just as fictionalized as the main God father from the ancient Hebrew sect.

Some ancient civilizations created their gods in one way toward their specific deeds and works and other

civilizations created supposed other deeds by their own select gods.

Proof of that is reading the writings from these individually select civilizations or visually seeing the

pictographs left by these ancient civilizations.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Good point, very sad point as well. I can't see how God can be interested in humans. The bible is not from obviously not from God. Kate xx

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Finkelstein, I love love love Dawkins quote. Pure truth.

• cofty
    cofty

But Christ lay down his life for others _ Tammy

Please briefly explain how, in your religion, Jesus' death was "for" anybody.

• tec
    tec

I do not have a religion.

I have faith in Christ and learn from Him.

From Him, I understand that those who are IN Him... who belong to Him... are also in LIFE, and belong TO Life. His blood (his life) covers those who belong to Him. JUST as the blood of the lamb over the doorsteps of the houses of Israel protected all those in that house from... Death.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit