Did U find Jesus rude?

by Matty 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bang
    Bang

It wasn't rude for that child.
    If you knew your child was always with God in life, you may also have faith that he would always be ok. and with Him. The parents are the ones who required correction, for lack of faith that He was ok. And at the wedding He explained to His mother that she shouldn't be in charge of the divine, it wasn't best for her.
    I
    And Rosco,
    you obviously don't understand why people pray to Mary.
    It's not Satan's idea.
    You see, she's with Jesus and He's with her - they know it, when they look inside themselves - go into the house so to speak.
    It's not worshipping her, it's not what worship means.
    Worship isn't praying, or even revering.
    Worshipping is different, it's not primarily a physical act.

and going into the house they found Jesus with Mary his mother, and they fell down and worshiped him

Bang

• Sirona
    Sirona

Bang:

It's not worshipping her, it's not what worship means.
    Worship isn't praying, or even revering.
    Worshipping is different, it's not primarily a physical act.

Well, in that case, I'm not worshipping Hathor.

What would you say worship is?

** http://www.religioustolerance.org **

• Bang
    Bang

Well,
    Have you ever been overcome with thanks, while loving and knowing the other, completely comforted in the thought and losing sense of time, warmed, content and joyed that the other is simply who they are, bodily senses left behind, in satiety with no more spiritual need, physical need doesn't exist in time - all happening at the same time, and your overcome by it.

Kinda that and more.

Bang

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

Yes, I've seen Stigmata. I actually saw it before I ever heard of the book of Thomas. Interesting stuff. I had never known the Bible was incomplete. I knew that the WTS removed parts of Mark that didn't agree with their teachings but I had no idea that most everyone on the planet had a bible with complete books missing. By the way I find it interesting in the historical context as I don't believe the Bible to be the word of God.

Dear Lord, please save me from your followers.

• Bang
    Bang

I had no idea that most everyone on the planet had a bible with complete books missing.

The 'book of Thomas' is considered gnostic writing by the Catholics (who put together the Bible), and not the same as the inspired text - both then and now. It's not 'missing' from their Bible.

I read it (and other gnostic writing) and I agree. Since the Bible was compiled, others have changed it and then said "this is the Bible". It's kooky when you think about it.

Bang

• Sirona
    Sirona

bang:

Have you ever been overcome with thanks, while loving and knowing the other, completely comforted in the thought and losing sense of time, warmed, content and joyed that the other is simply who they are, bodily senses left behind, in satiety with no more spiritual need, physical need doesn't exist in time - all happening at the same time, and your overcome by it.
    I have experienced something like that, yes, but I think that we all give it a different description. The stuff you said about "time" etc. is not how I'd describe it. I've had very spiritual experiences just with someone (a human) that I love. That is not worship IMO. I think that worship is an act of reverence towards a deity (or object of worship) showing high esteem and respect for that entity. The thing you describe is a spiritual experience. When people are described as worshipping, they are not in some rapturous timeless ecstasy, they are showing reverence to God or Goddess.

Sirona

** http://www.religioustolerance.org **

• Bang
    Bang

they are not in some rapturous timeless ecstasy

High esteem and respect doesn't cause me to fall down - might cause someone to lie down.

The thing you describe is a spiritual experience

Yep

[/i]and they fell down and worshiped him [/i]

Bang

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yes, i've had that a few times. Several times in a church during praise/worship time, and once with a stripper.

SS

• Rosco
    Rosco

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang,
    Where did you ever learn that Jesus and Mary were inside each other thingy,?and that looksey thing you were talking about? In the House thing?
    Hmmmmmm how about this one I AM THE ONLY ONE TO A DIRECT LINK TO JEHOVAH. You must buy my magazines and listen to know one else but me ......Yeah thats the ticket, OBVIOUSLY

• Bang
    Bang

Where abouts for the inside each other thingy?
    Well, all round the place, so to speak.

Have you noticed what is whole, full. Circles, spheres - "heavenly bodies" as we say - Have you seen the shape made when two circles integrate, a double arc, the temenos - in ancient times people used the same term as a name for an enclosed garden, often part of a home.
    In ancient catholic art there's only Jesus and Mary depicted within the shape of the temenos. You may also see this shape as an opening in a tree trunk, in human mythology as a way to a secret garden (a squeeze through the wood, or roots, branches, maybe even a fence) - and also in nature the entrance to the womb, life from the seed and the mother (there's even 'periodic' blood).
    You could even make a shape like that when you pull back the curtain - the wise men entered and saw Mary as well.

O You who dwell in the gardens, my companions are listening for Your voice
    If your looking, check the garden if you have one - if not try looking among the poor - those blessed, broken and handed out for you - from an upper room your sure to see some, there's no excuse.

And the in the house thingy?

Well, during the 'bible study' you must have read, built his house on a rock, how can one enter a strong man's house or how the elder brother was beside himself wouldn't go in, etc, etc? The one in which we shut the door and pray ?

The JWs have taught that the Bible is a history book (with only a few changes needed, for now), and that other people haven't read it and remain stupid to plain things, unlike themselves - some other 'christian' doctrine isn't very different - as if it was somehow wasteful that those 'satanic-catholic people' ever ended up with 'a wrong bible' in the first place.
    JWs and others have managed to make up fantasies to sell for glory and money for two thousand years, by the same way - "and without Him was nothing made that Was made".

I'm certainly no only channel, and I encourage you to listen to everyone, my business is that you do, and that others have the same opportunity - that they're not prevented from hearing.
    Does spirituality strike A NERVE?

a kinsman of the man whose ear Peter had cut off, asked, "Did I not see you in the garden with him?"

Bang

Oh - and a real favourite, an oldy but a goody: "I heard the sound of thee in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit