Did U find Jesus rude?

by Matty 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Matty
    Matty

Jesus was a nice guy most of the time, but don't you think he’s a bit rude and thoughtless sometimes?

The Watchtower today discussed the supposedly marvelous example that Jesus showed to youths today, citing his escapade at 12 at the Temple. What hit home to me was that he was missing for three days - three days! If my 12-year-old son was missing for three hours I'd be absolutely frantic. What was his reaction when found? Here's Luke 2:48-49: "his mother said to him: “Child, why did you treat us this way? Here your father and I in mental distress have been looking for you.” But he said to them: “Why did YOU have to go looking for me? Did YOU not know that I must be in the house of my Father?”

What about "I'm really sorry Mum, I'm really sorry Dad, I'm not grounded am I?"

No it's "You're not my daddy Joseph! I'm here in my REAL daddy's house!"

Typical kid I think!

Another one that sticks in my mind is John 2:3-4, where Jesus was attending a Wedding Reception: "When the wine ran short the mother of Jesus said to him: "They have no wine." But Jesus said to her: "What have I to do with you, woman? My hour has not yet come."

WOMAN? That's a nice way to address your mum! Mary should have said to him: "How dare you talk to me like that, Jesus! You're not too old to put across my knee and get a smack young man!"

• Rosco
    Rosco

Matty,
    Ever think that God wanted people to realize who was in charge at all times? Ever think that God with his wisdom knew Satan would have people build statues to Mary and pray to her for she was the mother of Jesus the Man/ Ever think? Ever hear about statues and God being displeased with all that? Ever think?
    Now what was that about over a knee for the one who all things were made and through him? No other name exists which man must be saved? Your post was very elementary

• Satanus
    Satanus

His attitude towards authority didn't improve. As he got older, he disrespected the priests. In harmony with their instructions at deut17:12 the priests had no choice but to kill him.

Deut17:10 Then you shall do according to what they declare to you from that place which the LORD will choose; and you shall be careful to do according to all that they direct you;

11 according to the instructions which they give you, and according to the decision which they pronounce to you, you shall do; you shall not turn aside from the verdict which they declare to you, either to the right hand or to the left.

12 The man who acts presumptuously, by not obeying the priest who stands to minister there before the LORD your God, or the judge, that man shall die; so you shall purge the evil from Israel.

SS

• Rosco
    Rosco

I guess when he comes back again he will still be disrespectful to all that disobey God's word. The Pharisees of that day were hypocrites!! NOT WORTHY OF RESPECT TO SAY THE LEAST. Any organizations out there today like that? Boastful saying they know God, do as we say and teach but in the back rooms they are haters of the truth and light?
    Jesus, by Gods granting knew what was in their hearts and minds, WHY SHOULD HE HAVE RESPECTED THESE HYPOCRITES?
    13 "But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you lock people out of the kingdom of heaven. For you do not go in yourselves, and when others are going in, you stop them. 14 15 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cross sea and land to make a single convert, and you make the new convert twice as much a child of hell as yourselves. 16 "Woe to you, blind guides, who say, 'Whoever swears by the sanctuary is bound by nothing, but whoever swears by the gold of the sanctuary is bound by the oath.' 17 You blind fools!

• ISP
    ISP

I found Jesus made up!

ISP

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Matty,

I concur with you and Saint Satan . The WT used to say he could be very condemnatory and critical and impulsive (cursing the fig tree for crying out loud!), but that was because he had the power and knew all. And that WE should never follow THAT example.

TTFN,

• Matty
    Matty

Thanks patio!

Can I add that I'm sorry if I offended anyone with this post? I didn't mean it to start a big theological debate or anything, it was just a thought I had today - perhaps I put it in the wrong forum!

Love to all

Matthew

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Matty:

It's virtually impossible not to offend fundies. Unless you want to go through life agreeing with absolutely everything they say.

Personally, I found Jesus dreadfully dull. If only Herod had been a little faster off the mark....

Expatbrit

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Rude?!?! Hell, he bugs me alllll the time! "Why have you forsaken me?" Bla! Bla! Bla! All the freaking time!

I can't hardly take a crap without him appearing before me nailed to the damn tree with blood oozing all over my nice clean floor.[8>]

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• patio34
    patio34

You're welcome Matty! I concur with Expatbrit that it's impossible to not offend fundies unless you shut up and smile.

Can you imagine if a person acted the way Jesus did, say at work? Going into diatribes because of someone's conduct? How fast can you say "terminated"?

Those were less civilized, for want of a better word, times and nowadays there are laws that protect citizens from being verbally assaulted like that.

Just my point of view.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit