Movie coming out for Easter 2014 release: "Heaven Is For Real"

by adamah 20 Replies latest social entertainment

• designs
    designs

3 hanky movie for the gullible.

• adamah
    adamah

Yeah, the uploader probably got DMCAed and yanked it. Here's Sony pictures trailer on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-ewaCVARtM

They say, "based on the incredible true story", but note the presence of the weasel word, 'based'. That means the screenwriters are allowed to take any wild ol' dramatic creative license to create a fictional story to feed believers what they want to hear, and no one can say 'boo'. You can just hear the believers now, twisting that disclaimer at-will, blissfully unaware of the semantics at play: "but they said it's a TRUE STORY!"

Those who are willing to make $$$ off of gullible people's deep-seated drives to make a $ are nauseating enough (TriStar pictures), but then the viewers feel entitled to corner complete strangers in a FL Cracker Barrel.... Rinse and repeat..... You'd think people would eventually catch on that religion IS show-business, except it's more like a role-playing fantasy game where audience participation is required.

Adam

• adamah
    adamah

So apparently our "friends" up to the North in Canada had their hands in this film: per IMDb, the park scenes were filmed in Warren, Manitoba, Canada, and the church scenes were filmed in Selkirk, Manitoba, Canada. I'm not sure what Secretary of State John Kerry would have to say on the matter, but I suspect this just might constitute an act of war!

Adam

• zound
    zound

Lol at the tagline "Discover what is real".

Sounds like a serious version of "Ghost Town" which also starred Greg Kinear - difference was it was a fictional comedy that also starred prominent atheist Ricky Gervais.

This is being passed off as a true story? Personal anecdotes hit the big screen.

What tripe.

• adamah
    adamah

Turns out the father (Todd Burpo) is a Xian pastor, and has sold a crap-load of books based on the account of his son. Here's a stomach-churning interview from last year on Christian Broadcasting Network, featuring the family, after Todd wrote a sequel ("Heaven Changes Everything"):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m--M5itPoqA

Jesus and angels sung to young 4 yr old Colton his fave hymns ("Jesus Loves Me"), and Colton explains how he saw Mary, Samson, Peter, John, etc in Heaven.

Since 75% of Americans believe in heaven, so the movie is likely to do well....

Adam

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"What more evidence do you need?"

Evidence that it happens to everyone and not to just relatives of people.

The problem I have with this is: People died in the hospital and are brought back. They report that they see themselves and/or family. How can they see? They are lying on a table. Oh, it's their spirit. How can spirits see? Do they have retinas that absorb the visible light spectrum, and then that light gets converted to electrical signals to get transferred to a processing center and then those pictures are compared to memories. Do spirits have memories? Where are they stored?

Why is it always seeing or communicating with relatives? Why hasn't anyone seen Elvis or Abe Lincoln or others in history?

How can this kid report that he saw his grandfather at a young age when he would not know what he looks like?

How could Colton explains how he saw Mary, Samson, Peter, John, etc in Heaven, when he does not know what they look like?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

People want a security blanket. Hollywood wants to make movies that make $$$, DUH!! It's a phase. Noah, Heaven is fo' realz..they will pass. There is gap to fill since Paul Walker died...

Just give it time. We may have suffer through a "Madea goes to Heaven" trilogy, but it won't last forever. We will be back to boobies, butts, Samurai swords and explosions before you can say "Black Widow."

DD

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

What would intrigue me or at least seem more research-worthy is if an atheist had a near-death experience with zero religious indoctrination THEN said he went to heaven....i dream about cool stuff too! Doesnt make it real ....

• Heaven
    Heaven

Helloooo! Of course I'm real... sheesh.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Lol^^^^

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit