Did he really say that?

by Oneoutallout 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oneoutallout
    Oneoutallout

Something the COBE said that bugged me and I couldn't get it out of my head for a long time. I was an obedient good little JW. Nothing special, but I did what I could. I had a bit of an issue with the old 'self abuse'. I felt so, so guilty I confessed to him. He was quite understanding, up to the point where he said, " you know it will be treated the same as peaodophilia if you don't stop"! Whaaaaat!! I took it but that helped send me towards the door.

• adamah
    adamah

Oneoutallout said-

" you know it will be treated the same as peaodophilia if you don't stop"!

And how did you ever manage to bite your tongue and NOT ask him the question, "Oh, so you mean the usual policy for pedophilia: sweep it under the rug so as to avoid bringing public reproach upon Jehovah's organization?"

Adam

• Island Man
    Island Man

you know it will be treated the same as peaodophilia if you don't stop

So that means he requires a second witness to your self-abuse before he can do anything about it? (And why do they call it self-abuse, by the way?) But his statement was nothing more than a dishonest bluff aimed at scaring you into quitting. It's not even a disfellowshipping offense!

• blondie
    blondie

Actually a confession is better than 2 witnesses. It sounds like he confessed. Masturbation is not a df'ing offense unless you are engaging in mutual masturbation.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

What????? Crazy 8's... Crazy COBE.

Me thinks YOUR COBE has a problem with under age people to make such a ridiculous statement.

Who else would be ignorant that way???

Correct me if I am wrong.

Mastubating males have a choice of 'visuals'. Males of all shape, sizes and ages. Females of all shape, sizes and ages. Or both. ¿?

I think he gave himself away when he said masturbating is considered as grave a sin as pedophelia .

LoisLane

PS I for one am happy you guys listen to your 'own' music and beat your own 'drum'.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Yep Oneoutallout, any organisation you join has rules and they're entitled to that.

Trouble starts when the d..k.heds that oversee them dont even know them, meanwhile, full of self importance

they blab away totally oblivious of the damage they wreak.

Those crazy moments do return but they will soften in time.

Make the best of every test and set yourself free.

• Oneoutallout
    Oneoutallout

Its Ok. We are all free now anyway. It was just one of those situations that stuck in my mind.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I hate that term "self-abuse".

• Comatose
    Comatose

What's truly wrong and pathetic is that you had to feel this was so horrible it needed confessing. And to think a grown man is telling another grown he is sorry for touching himself. Then that grown man tells the other to pray to god for help quitting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit