I fear the GB more than I fear a God

by Comatose 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Comatose
    Comatose

I realized this about myself yesterday. I was noticing how on a thread I thought about commenting on, I held back out of a fear I still have of speaking out against the Governing Body.

I have been disrespectful to the god of the bible and openly proclaimed I do not think he exists.

I was so well conditioned that I am still afraid to be disrespectful to the GB. To speak out against god is one thing, but to do so against the GB is even worse. This doesn't make sense. But, it's how I was unknowingly acting.

I started reading Captives of a Concept. I think it explains this phenomenon very well.

Amazing.

• designs
    designs

With this latest GB change they have acquired a lot of mental power over the JWs.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Comatose if you think about it, it makes total sense that you feel that way.

After all if you were to tell the brothers in the congregation that you think GOD is mean and evil they will pray with you and have someone work with you.

However, if you were to tell them that you think the Governing Body is mean and evil you will be disfellowshipped.

• Stealth
    Stealth

The GB does gods dirty work. They would stone us to death if they could get away with it.

• Comatose
    Comatose

C&A - wow, good point. So strange.

• sspo
    sspo

You can speak with the elders and trash Jehovah and the bible anytime you want and show that you have doubts, don't dare say too many negative things about the GB.

You can trash the Pope and any other religious leader but the GB is untouchable.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

comatose: Thats too funny. I talk about those Scumbag G.B. all the time. I fear no Man. You will get over it trust me. The only Fear is that your family will stop talking to you.

• clarity
    clarity

Comatose ...

"I have been disrespectful to the god of the bible and openly proclaimed I do not think he exists."

>

And still ...... as long as you don't knock the gb ... you are OK.

Funny in a macabre way!

>

The organization is steeped in this mind set.

>

>

The DFing question is not, ...

Do you believe in god?

Do you believe in jesus?

Do you believe in the bible?????????????????????

>

Oh NO ...... it is this.......

>

DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE GOVERNING BODY?

>

hahahahahahahahahahhh what a frickin JOKE!

>

clarity

• KateWild
    KateWild

However, if you were to tell them that you think the Governing Body is mean and evil you will be disfellowshipped.-confused

Spot on brother spot on

coma, thanks for bringing this up...this points to the fact that derprogramming is ongoing and there is residual conditioning we all need to look out for after learning TTATT. This is especially important if we have kids, as we want to ensure we don't pass any of this residual conditioning onto them.

Thanks coma

Kate xx

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

matthew 1o:28

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit