what we studied at the the congregation "bible" study this week.

by nowwhat? 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

Next there will be a lesson on how to navigate through the new Bible. :)

• steve2
    steve2

Well yes, navigation's important cause you risk drowning in them there changeable rivers of truth.

• piztjw
    piztjw

Yep, studying a brochure (ask questions and give canned answers) bragging about studying the Bible, and only cracking it open a couple times.

• piztjw
    piztjw

Next there will be a lesson on how to navigate through the new Bible. :)

Followed mostly by those using laptops and notebooks?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Lesson #5 is entitled 'What Will You Experience At Our Christian Meetings?'

The 1st sentence quickly caught my attention:

'Many people have stopped attending religious services because they find no spiritual guidance or comfort.'

Apparently the writer of this article is unaware that for the past number of years COs and DOs have been harping on the high absentism rate of 30% and more of Jehovah's Witnesses at their meetings.

So back to the question.....'What Will You Experience At Our Christian Meetings?'

A visitor will experience that only 70% or less of the membership of that congregation are there to greet him/her. The other 30% or more of Jehovah's Witnesses that are absent found better things to do with their time!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The 2nd subheading of the same lesson #5 reads: 'The joy of being among loving and caring people'

That statement is a load of crap!

How can you possibly get 'loving' and 'caring' out of an organization that brazenly practices disfellowshipping and shunning?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Wow. What a piece of you-know-what that brochure is.

I had to pull it out of the wife's bag last night after reading the topic. Why in the world are they "studying" that at the book study?

I mean what the hell is that but a waste of everyone's time??????

And next week they get to "study" the reason for dressing up for meetings. I feel bad for some of you who still go, I'd rather stuff a fork in my eye repeatedly!

• anonymouz
    anonymouz

The GB aren't even good actors. Except to most JWs used to the show. In general the GB lacks any real enthusiasm, it appears scripted and it is, and you can tell they do not really believe what they tell JWs. They have no passion or true conviction. They seem almost dead when they speak. It in time becomes apparent it is all an act, literally.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Is this a joke? Or a real topic of discussion at a meeting? Bizarre.

• Laika
    Laika

Sir82: My favorite part was the question "When would you like to next attend a meeting of Jehovah's Witnesses?"

Ha, that's hilarious sir82, I bet the answer given was 'The Service meeting' and the Kingdom Hall erupted in giggles.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit