blood question for athiest.

by unstopableravens 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unstopableravens
  • unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

fisrt thing this thread here is not to debate or anything. i am just asking this question as i am curious of the atheist postion. at what point and how did blood come into being? from an atheist veiw point.

• cofty
    cofty

Firstly your question has nothing to with atheism.

Evolution is a fact that is accepted by all rational and informed people of all faiths.

• cofty
    cofty

More directly, the origin of blood is probably synonymous with the origin of the heme protein that binds oxygen molecules.

In "primitive" animals there is no closed circulatory system.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty : i said i did not want to debate, i asked a honest question. you are implying that i am dumd because i do not believe in evolution as you do. same with many christians who do not either

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

so there is no definate postion?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Define "blood".

• cofty
    cofty

you are implying that i am dumd because i do not believe in evolution

No not dumb. Willfully ignorant of the facts or religiously biased or both but not dumb. Although there is a certain irony in misspelling dumb ;)

It is only fair to point out that evolution does not bleong to atheists. It's just a fact. I don't want to debate it here but it had to be said.

I have given you a start to the answer. The heme molecule is the key part of blood that binds oxygen molecules from air or water and transports them to cells to enable respiration.

It would have to evolve very early in evolution. I don't know off the top of my head exactly when something that could be called blood first evolved but you could find out with a bit of searching.

If you like I could tell you about the way that our genes for producing haemoglobin tell the story of half a billion years of evolution and confirm the family tree of all living things.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

I was in my twenties when I finally realized there was a difference between being "dumb" and "ignorant"... no shame to be felt

• cofty
    cofty

Unstop - Why do you ask?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit