WOW-crazy day at work. Congrats to me???

by TweetieBird 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• jgnat
    jgnat

Personal time management will save you. Google GTD, getting things done.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Go to sleep with a baseball bat next to your bed .

By the way congratulations.

smiddy

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Life is good. The mood in the office is great and residents are elated that she is gone. One came in yesterday upset about something and I told her that manager was no longer with us. She said, "good, did she get fired? if not, she should've been". All we are allowed to say is that she is pursuing a different opportunity (unemployment). She said it was a good thing, that she was totally incompetent and never followed through on anything.

I did not realize how much stress I was under until it was gone. I have slept awesome the past two nights and I don't dread going to work anymore. In fact, I am going in today (my day off) just to organize things. I pulled out invoices from several months ago out of a file last night. I have no idea if they ever got paid.

And I hired a new leasing agent yesterday that already has experience and looks like she will be a great fit to our team.

I'm a happy girl right now.

• Splash
    Splash

Get yourself a good assistant manager.

Splash

• JeffT
    JeffT

How big is the project you're managing? Bigger complexes are always easier to run, because you can afford more people to do the work.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Congratulations on your promotion! Sounds like you were doing most of the work anyway, now you will get the pay too.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Congrats.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Splash - I do have a good assistant.

JeffT- 300 apartments but we are still and always will be understaffed.

PaintedToeNail and JWdaughter - thanks.

Finally getting caught up a bit but still finding stuff that previous manager didn't do, like past due invoices that never got submitted. I have a new girl starting on the 4th and a Holiday party to plan for the 13th of December. After that I can breathe a little, I hope.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit