Are YOU In A Good Place At This Point In Your Life?

by minimus 15 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I think the longer you're away from the Watchtower, the better you feel.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Absolutely......just here in my spare time trying to convince others the Jehovah Witness religion is a cult, and that they need to get out of it if still associated or hanging on to dysfunctional JW beliefs..

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Great question. I'm doing much better than when I first left the cult. I'm not as angry or resentful anymore because I came to realize I was only hurting myself. Instead I concentrate on doing things I enjoy and I have become more understanding and tolerant of others, including my wife and children. My wife is still active and I have learned to respect that she does not want to debate her beliefs with me and I realize that if she's ever leaves the cult it will have to come from her. I am a only a few years from retirement and I am still healthy and active playing sports with people half my age. Sometimes I wonder how my life would have been if I had not been raised in the cult but I can't change that. So I focus the priceless freedom and happiness I enjoy today.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Am in limbo.

Neither here nor there.

Neither good or bad.

Neither 'happy' or sad.

Fade over.

Next step is...

'Game Over', then we will see.

• minimus
    minimus

It does take time to feel "normal".

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Don't know if I'll ever feel normal, but I'm in a good place in many ways. Basically happy, living modestly and comfortably, feel more secure than at any time in my life, mentally and emotionally much better than at any other time in my life. Over 30 years out of the wtbts.

• Laika
    Laika

I change by the hour.

• clarity
    clarity

Like Laika, I change by the hour. Seems things are worse

at night ...went it is dark...laying there awake, but not able

to sort anything out.

>

A sunny morning is much easier to feel optimistic!

Wish I could just wake-up & realize ...I was only dreaming!

clarity

• designs
    designs

"I Can See Clearly Now"

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

If just one thread still keeps you attached to the borg somehow, like a relative who is a jw, then you can never realy feel normal. They are the constant reminder of wasted years. If you are activly trying to get them out, its worse as the frustrations wear you down. Only when every member of your household, friends, relatives are out can you start to feel normal. Even then its takes a long time to realize you do feel normal...after all, what is normal? How can we know how we are supposed to be? Who are we? What should we have been like without the cult damaging us every day?

We will never be normal! This stoopid cult is seared into our brain...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit