Not just JW's: 8 yr old boy murdered.

by dungbeetle 16 Replies latest jw friends

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

As another victim/survivor, although not raised JW, I too had my fantasies. At 18, I did live one out by getting in a fist fight with my Dad. I left the next day and the next time I heard from my parents was when I was 21 and had about 10 months in Vietnam. My Dad died of a massive heart attack in 1980. I had seen him twice since 1970, when I first came home from Vietnam. My Mom, the worst of the two, just died last year. Sorry, but she is not missed.

I escaped them and although I took no real action, other than defending myself and my sister from my drunken Dad, I remained away from them. I had two daughters of my own and raised them in a loving and nurturing environment. I was adamant that they would never have to experience or endure what I did.

My older sister stayed around our Mom and today, all of her kids have serious problems, with two still in jail.

So you see, I don't have a lot of sympathy for pedophiles or child abusers. I do sympathize with those who have been falsely accused, as I have been that too. But, with modern investigative methods, false accusations usually are exposed.

I know it is most likely fantasy, but I do feel those who have actually committed these crimes need to be dealt with severely and swiftly. The last thing needed is for some religion, regardless of which one, to claim ecclessiastical privilege to hide and cover them up.

Personally, I would feel better if my taxes were going for investigators to ferret out these criminals and less to third generation welfare recipients.

And, I still think chain gangs and public humilitation could be an effective tool.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• ISP
    ISP

In the UK...about 2 children die a day at the hands of their parents. Its a big problem. Recently there have been 2 cases of mothers being imprisoned for smothering their children.

ISP

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

Being a former Psych major I can tell you that the Psychology community has said that pedophilia is incurrable. I'm sure that more studying needs to be done but very few doctors want to risk their careers on the subject. As for killing them, I think it depends on the circumstances. There are cases where some of the ages involved were 20 and 16. Mine being one of them, actually mine was 16-19. Part of the problem there is that the law is still stuck in the past. They assume that the female age 17 and below must be some kind of innocent victim thus increasing the myth of female victimhood.
    As for guys/women that prey on children (define that as you will) they should be shot. One bullet in the head to keep costs down. Then use the body for fertilizer.

side note- After reading my post it looks like I was convicted of something. I was not. I was using the example in my own life where I was age 19 and my girlfriend was age 16. Which I was the virgin and she had been having sex since age 13. Needless to say she was my reason for getting DF'd.

Dear Lord, please save me from your followers.

• Solace
    Solace

It is so hard to hear about these types of crimes. You actually feel deep anguish just reading about it.
    I cant imagine what these children or the victims families are experiencing.
    I will never understand how someone could kill their own child. That poor innocent baby being killed by his own mother or father who he trusted so much. It just doesnt seem possible.

Please let there be a God.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

((( Heaven ))))

There is a God, and this little boy is with Him already.

• Simon
    Simon

There needs to be a break in the cycle of abuse as often (going off what I've read) the abuser was themselves abused as a child. Better help for victims and more effective punishment for the abusers is definitely needed.

It wil lnever be stamped out completely I guess but major inroads will be made when abusers are reported when they start instead of being covered up by whatever organisation or system which allows them to repeat and maybe worsen their crimes.

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

Is the monetary cost of keeping a prisoner,even for say 50 or 60 years,greater than the value of childs life?No way.Lock 'em up and throw away the key.

Nuff Said,
    Cowboy

The road goes on forever,and the party never ends ~ Robert Earl Keen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit