WT's 2 BOE Letters Flip-Flop!

by JW GoneBad 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Ooops...got struck with that double virus.

• orbison11
    orbison11

About 15-16 years ago, i printed out the Bible verses from the WT study,

to take with me to make the study easier

i had 4 children and often by myself at the meetings, so i thought this would

be so cool and easier for me

well, not so, lol, i was immediately counselled from the BOE about the use of net, etc

orb

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I was told not to read my Bible from my computer because I wouldn't get holy spirit unless it was "The Book" version

As a lowly single mum with depression I didn't think I qualified for it in the first place.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

I think there is only one reason why they would "approve"... it costs a lot less money if all the bro's and sisters are using downloaded material. Think about millions of watchtowers less to print.

• respectful_observer
  • Ding
    Ding

Avoid distracting noises... have hard copy backups...

Sounds like advice to young children.

Do they think they have to tell JWs EVERYTHING?

Sorry... rhetorical question.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Its not a flip flop but more of what jw07 stated, the GB didnt realize how prevalant tablet useage has become and prices (for Android tabs anyway) are at rock bottom so it isnt unreasonable to have at least 1 tablet if not more in a family. Speaking from a use prespective I love love using my tablet at the meetings, it makes it more bearable.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

How do they prevent the audience from surfing the internet during the meeting? Are there monitors that watch for this? Is there a screen you can put on your iPad that prevents others from seeing your screen from an angle?

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Can't wait to see their reaction when the R&F start appearing at the KH wearing Google Glass.

• minimus
    minimus

I can only imagine what they will be viewing at the KH!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit