Do you give thanks for every meal?

by bruh 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

It's become a habit for me to say a brief thank you before eating.

Now, who remembers what Deloris Van Cartier recited before the nuns?? :D

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I never thank that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag for anything. That thing doesn't deserve it. Rather, that thing destroyed my connection to the Ether, preventing me from simply using magick to get whatever I wanted and needed--hence, creating the need by stealing my source. Then that thing takes credit for my working for it? Under oppressive rules created by some big company under the influence of joke-hova? Then I spend the money which I worked for, discounting the 90% or more that joke-hova's actions resulted in my not getting, on food items. I prepare it myself--unless I want to eat food that some big company already prepared and pre-poisoned. Since when does joke-hova deserve any thanks?

• Giordano
    Giordano

Deloris Said [ prays ] "Bless us, oh Lord, for these Thy gifts which we
    are about to receive. And yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of
    no food, I will fear no hunger. We want you to give us this day, our daily
    bread. And to the republic for which it stands, and by the power invested in me,
    I pronounce us ready to eat. Amen."

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Prayers over meals originated when Jesus prayed over the fish and the bread that he miraculously multiplied.

That was a miracle to which he called on for holy spirit.

Such miracles don't happen today.

Some say that we thank God because the plants and animals originated with Jehovah's creation, however that was eons ago and an automatic process. That would be like thanking FDR for the FDIC or social security because he originated it rather than the workers today.

Thanks, gratitude, should be shown by what is done by the food, how the energy is used.

• Simon
    Simon

I always know someone is responsible for providing the food I'm eating whether it be Colonel Sanders, Ronald MacDonald or someone much more capable. But I'm pretty sure I'm normally paying so it's a fair trade.

Rarely has food just materialized out of the air so I see no need to thank an equally fictitious god.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

To each his own on prayer before food, but the MAIN reason I will never do that are the memories of Dubs trying to be so goddamn pious at a gathering or restaurant putting on a big display.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

I give thanks... To my wife for every meal. That's where they came from

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Ironically, last night my parents invited me over for dinner since my sister is visiting from Florida, and as usual, they insisted on having me pray over the meal, since my father has developed a speech impediment due to a stroke. I obliged under silent protest in an effort not to be confrontational.

And so we bowed our heads to speak to our imaginary friend in the sky with a white beard, to thank him for chicken stew and rice.

I intentionally didn't mention the word Jehovah even once in the prayer. I asked God, to give food to the people starving around the world. I also asked God to help every person affected by the typhoon in the Phillipines because i know they usually just ask for the brothers. Then i went on to ask him to forgive our sins just like we must do, since we are not in a position to judge anybody".

The inquisitive stares i received at the end were priceless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit