The JWs are like people who read Science FIction

by VM44 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• VM44
    VM44

...and then think that they have a science education!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The only slight difference being that readers of Sci-Fi will probably glean more about what Science actually says than the JW's willl about what the Bible actually says by reading the WT Literatrash.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Studying the Watchtower and thinking you're a Bible Student is like reading the Readers Digest Condensed Version of the U.S. Space Program and then thinking you're an expert in Space Travel.

• VM44
    VM44

...and reading the Awake! magazine gives a person the equivalent of a college education.

• emeth
    emeth

a lot of what was science fiction at one point in history is now reality

• cantleave
    cantleave

a lot of what was science fiction at one point in history is now reality

That's because real scientists have taken the time to understand the concepts that have made these things possible.

• emeth
    emeth

A scientist is a person having expert knowledge of one or more sciences, especially a natural or physical science. Our creator does not have to understand concepts in order to do the things he wants, he invented the concepts and can make all things possible.

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"A scientist is a person having expert knowledge of one or more sciences, especially a natural or physical science. Our creator does not have to understands concepts in order to do the things he wants, he invented the concepts and can make all things possible." - emeth

Eeehhh, no he/she/it can't. Even your god have to follow the law. Otherwise is magic.

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

Paste from another topic by you:

I am not a witness, but I doubt you will find some article about science (and I don't mean pseudo-science) in the wt library or any religious text or library.

Personally I found it very complicated. I don't understand most of it. Is a very abstract concept. There are even some laws of physics that don't apply in that discipline. like objects being in two places at the same time, correlations that exceed any classical correlations, and the apparent ability for information to travel instantaneously across vast distances. I don't get any of that.

Quantum Mechanic is the scientific principles that explains the behaviour of matter and its interactions with energy on the scale of atoms and subatomic particles, and how these phenomena could be related to everyday life.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Introduction_to_quantum_mechanics

• emeth
    emeth

@Madgiant i would not call it magic but to think that an almighty God is prevented to do things just because some laws of nature is naive. The bible is full of examples to show his not bound to those laws.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit