Survival and Preparedness--What Are You Doing, Or Going To Do?

by CrimsonBleu 20 Replies latest social current

• jgnat
    jgnat

We are a collaborative species. I am going with the premise that we will, collectively, pull out of a death-dive. I also have a 72-hour kit. I have a 72-hour kit after participating on a disaster preparadeness team.

I'm thinking I need more than 72 hours, considering that recent examples have taken a week or more to re-establish services.

http://www.getprepared.gc.ca/index-eng.aspx

Think about medications? Do you have at least a month's worth at hand at any time?

The Mormons are to have a 72-hour kit ready to go just in case.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Considering that most (or a lot) of JWs are unskilled workers without advanced degrees, one can say that life after the big A would be miserable.

Who will run power plants? Planes? Water and sewer system? Telecomunications?

Growing your own food is a possibility, but how many JWs are ready to hit the ground running growing their own food if all they do now is pass by the store? Who will run refineries so they can get gas for cars and trucks?

This utopian idea of a JW family living a grassy hill in a house surrounded by flowers with a leopard and a sheep cuddling in the front yard sounds great, but it has no connection with the hard reality of living without many of the things we take for granted today.

To be honest, i rather live here and now.

• d
    d

JW's have no idea that life back then was hard. How many can grow their own food? or know how to hunt or even make a fire? Many today not just jw's get their food from the store not realzing the many man labor hours it took to grow and process and ship all that food. Also take in to consideration basic services how many Jehovah witness's will be able to cope with no power and no running water? Life would get really difficult on day 3 of Post Armageddon.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

I agree. i think that once the big A happened JW's would begin to hope Jehovah wouldn't keep them safe and alive through the whole thing. They'd be much better off dying and waking up in a paradise created by a perfect greenhouse effect in which all the food they's ever need would be at their fingertips for the picking, including the fruit of the tree of life. I do kind of miss the delusion sometimes.... lol

• jgnat
    jgnat

I met a woman whose first marriage was spent on one of those back-to-nature communes. This included lugging water by hand. She had the most amazing set of back muscles I had ever seen.

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

i'm so frightened of what the future holds. god. I don't have seeds. I don't have guns. I just want things to stay ok. Jesus thinking about shit like this is depressing. I'm trying to get UNdepressed.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Survival tip No. 17

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

If all the conspiricy theorists and doomsday preppers are right, and that day comes. I will just bend over and try to kiss my ass goodbye! I don't have the money and resources to prepare a bunker or anything like it. After all, we're all dying someday. If you believe in a heavenly afterlife, more power to you, or if you believe in nothingness for eternity (aka....worm food), more power to you, what difference does it make afterall? Enjoy your life right now and show that the best revenge is living well and happy.

HappyDad

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

It depends on how much fire power you have to fight off the opposing armies of starving people. There's nothing wrong with being prepared, I am a big fan of Mat Stein and have most of his books on Survival. I was reading Survival Guides back in 1970s when we thought Russia was going to invade the United States from all the propaganda put out by the radical zealot End Day's Con Artist. I bought a place out in the middle of No Where and hunters found my place, people will find who has a large stock pile of goods and pillage your fortess, it's a fact Mad Max!

Life will see out the resources needed to survive, you can always buy a Bunker out in the foothills of the Sierra Nevadas, out in the desert condos are foresale for $250,000 to $1,000,000 with five years worth of food. What will life be like, will it be worth living knowing some very hungry people are going to seek any way to steal your food and life? I think life would be sickening for most, let's hope this claimity does not happen and you are not eaten by cannibals. The Rich Power Brokers are not going to turn the World upside down yet, unless you are part of the group who teaches that the Rich Illumanati will kill off 6 Billion people with a T-Virus, a fun end ey?

http://www.whentechfails.com/

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

How do I get an MD to write out surplus amounts of medicine?

No, I went through this in the 1950s as a little kid. I have the post 9/11 supplies. If there are not civil authorities to coordinate a rescue, I don't want to be alive. Most disasters will take out NYC. These colors do not run. Of course, I was taught at school that it is my personal responsibility to bring down an invader or a coup d'etat. Right.

I don't believe we can survive in isolation. Mormonism does not have a stronghold on the East Coast.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit