Survival and Preparedness--What Are You Doing, Or Going To Do?

by CrimsonBleu 20 Replies latest social current

• CrimsonBleu
    CrimsonBleu

It's been a long time since I posted here, but I lurk often, checking in on things in the JW world. I have been out for 25 years, but have family still in. None of them speak to me anymore, even though they used to quite often and quite regular, breaking all the shunning rules. But Apostate I am, and so I shall rmain, whether they speak to me or not.

I often wonder what their faces will look like when the most anticipated time comes (if ever) and I am still standing, and didn't turn into bird food. I wonder where they think their food will come from. I wonder where they think they can find clean water if the Earth is piled up with rotten bodies waiting for buzzards to buzz, and scavengers to scavenge. That rancid disease stuff gets in the water, ya know.

I wonder who they think will offer medical attention when most all the doctors will be dead. (insert sarcasm). Only JW's should be alive. But, where are the JW doctors to help with the aftermth of Armageddon? Do thy actually think Jehova is going to make sure they get nothing but clean water, healthy food and a warm place to sleep after the devastation that is forwarned takes place? This planet is gonna be a wreck, like after a hurricane.

Why is the WTS not encouraging people to prepare for their survival. Food. Water. Seeds. With no electricity, how do they communiate? Or do they think Jehova is gonna keep the power on? How many JW's have HAM radios and can legally talk on them?

How many have firearms for protection because Jah might not kill the bad guys all at once and they'll be hungry. Or for hunting?

Ever read a survivalist novel. A good one is One Second After. It's what happens when the power goes out--all over the country. Do you all have any idea how real and simple that is to accomplish?

Oh Shit! The Awakening, is yet another survivalist scenerio where the US economy collapses and you have no idea how real THAT is and how close we are to it.

Did anyone watch American Blackout a few weeks ago on Nat Geo? That scenerio is extremely real. On a scale of 12 to 10, it is a 9. Get it?

How about the Surviving Home series. Great books.

Why isn't the WTS instructing you folks on homesteading and self reliance?

They won't. They want you to be reliant on them. That's nother story.

Why am I writing all this and rambling?

I actually care alot about my family who hate me since I don't think like they do. I have the forsight and the position to know shit is gonna get real and I am not talking about Jehovas wrath. I'd rather deal with His wrath anyway, any day. It's the bitches that run this world, the ones you can't see in main stream media. They run the CORPORATIONS. (hint) And the corporations run the governemnets.

I do hold a lofty place in society where I speak with regular folks and important folks all over the country. They all have one goal: Preparing.

There are doctors, atorneys, bankers, stock brokers, police and law enforcement and they are planning ahead. I talk to active and retired military from all branches. I talk to husbands, wives, sons and daughters who are concerned for the ones around them who arent 'awake". So they take in into their own hands to get the things they need to share with them when the time comes. That's a heavy burden and a costly one.

We ALL need to be self reliant and independant.

Do you have oil in your lamps? Do you even have lamps?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

The angels will do all the work.

• CrimsonBleu
    CrimsonBleu

Yeas, I suppose they will have some work too

• blondie
    blondie

They do have a list of instructions for preparing for disasters, earthquake, hurricane, floods, fires, etc.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/245466/1/Emergency-preparedness#.UoAUB1_nZLM

• CrimsonBleu
    CrimsonBleu

Thanks for that link Blondie, I checked it out and I still find things quite vague. The WTS provides very basic ntructions on getting through a crisis. It's not enough.

First and foremost WATER. You must have a way to get clean water for drinking and cooking. Lifestraw makes a device that was designed for 3rd world countries, and is now sold all over the world. It removes bacteria and parasite that would otherwise compromise your health and keep you from getting very sick. They offer a largerm model that holds two Litres of water as well, and can be used for cooking.

Foods. Non perishable foods like canned meats, veggies and fruits, and dehydrated foods that just need boiling water. And a small prtable camp stove to heat the waer .Instant potatoes and Mac and Cheese. So much to choose from!!

If the situation is like Haitii, or what we now see in the Philipines, seeds, to begin again.

Toilet paper and womens things....

Some type of radio or comunication device to find out what is going on around you.

Mosquito repellent.

And so much more.

Take care of yourselves and your family now, so when a disaster does strike, you do not have to wait for our civil authoriteis to help you. Chances are, they will even kill you. Why do you think there is a shortage of cetrtain types of ammo? Or do you even know that?

• CrimsonBleu
    CrimsonBleu

BTW, I did not mean that directed at you specifically Blondie, but to a general audience.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Well, disasters happen and often they aren't really predictable. I think it's common sense to have extra food you can eat without cooking, water, candles, lighters, batteries, battery-powered radio, extra meds, stuff like that on hand. I keep a little stash in a closet, stuff that will keep me going for a week or two if necessary. But you can't prepare for everything, what if there's a big earthquake and the buildings fall down? What about those poor people in the Philippines this week - possibly the strongest storm ever to hit land?

So I try to be reasonably prepared, but also am aware that in some kinds of disasters I would simply be screwed.

• blondie
    blondie

There is anoth publication in-house that is more detailed. Check with Atlantis if these links have expired.

2012 Disaster Prepareness Plan Manual, 36 pages. . . Click the link below and when the next page opens click the link in the blue box by the blue arrow. http://www.sendspace.com/file/bf19ku . . . Same file from Fileswap. . Click the link below and when the next page opens click on SLOW DOWNLOAD. http://www.fileswap.com/dl/mEoVygjW4L/ . . . Same file from Fileflyer. . Click the link below and when the next page opens look to your left and click the link that says, 2012 Emergency Prepareness Plan pdf. http://www.fileflyer.com/view/IdvjQBi . . . Atlantis

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

In my experience many of the Witnesses I know are "preppers". I think it just comes with the paranoid delusion that "this system of things" is going to end any day now. Though they're not very talkative about it as it could be construed as a lack of faith that Jehovah will provide when that time comes. I prep, but I don't get too crazy about it. Just the basics. Basic medical supplies. A couple hundred rounds for every gun I own. Enough food and water to last my family for 3 months. A couple caches buried. BOBs etc. etc.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

seeds. some precious metal coins for barter, a water filtration system.................................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit