Meeting for those wishing to be appointed

by PrincessCynic 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

in for 30 years...now definitely out...never an elder or an ms .....but always always being used..lifts needed?..me.....help with hall maintenance?...me...stand in for last minute talks in the school?..me.....microphones?..me....watchtower reading?..me....literature counter?..me....etc etc etc etc...I always said yes to any request for help...and bent over backwards to help in anyway I could.....looking back I now realize I was used to compensate for absent volunteers....although I did enjoy ( and still do) helping others it leaves a nasty taste in the mouth when those I so freely helped shun me............and yes they do have meetings to enlist volunteers now...but little success as brothers are just not motivated/interested in putting themselves out...shame...

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"but little success as brothers are just not motivated/interested in putting themselves out...shame..."

I think it is a good thing, I was always one who did a lot of voluntary stuff, until I analysed what the Elders actually did themselves. O.K so they had more talks to prepare, if prepare they did, but apart from that they just used to like to delegate the sh***y jobs.

The young guys today have seen through it at least to that degree, so do not volunteer, good on them !

It all helps the demise of the WT to come a bit quicker.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit