What is the best for the child if father knows TTATT and mother is a devout JW?

by Daniel1555 33 Replies latest jw friends

• bigmac
    bigmac

option 4 is probably the simplest.

husband has wife bumped off.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

The father would have to be ok with the child eventually learning he has been living a lie all along for option 1 to work. What kind of message does that send to the child?

Option 2: the odds are on the father's side. 60% of born in JWs leave even if both parents are JWs. The father has aN opportunity to help the child learn to think for himself in either case.

Personally, it would be more important for both parents to be reasonable and agree on how they will raise the child, otherwise the marriage will suffer badly. This would hurt the child more. Most of us here are proof that life long cult indoctrination can be overcome, though it does leave its scars

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

oops, rereading my earlier post I mean to say to answer the child in a way that will NOT incur the wrath of wifey.

• Bye bye birdie
    Bye bye birdie

my situation is somewhat similar. My daughter agrees with me and has seen enough but my younger son is torn. My husband still takes him to meetings and service very other Saturday. My son hates it because it is "booooooring" but also believes the Bible says we have to be JW.

I don't know if it is helping but I focus on Jehovah being a God of love when reason with him. Jehovah reads hearts sifts for the good. Also he does not want people to serve him out of fear, we make fun on the Catholics for that they we just change the term from HELL to Armeggedon. This guilt and fear crushes the love out of hearts.

the second option is my choice just make sure he makes lots of friends at school or join an activity so witness kids are not his social circle.

I was going irregularly to meetings up till quite recently and sitting in the back playing Plants VRS Zombies on my ipad. Plus I read CoC back there too. You can get any book and just look like you are following along now a days.

i am not recommending meetings just saying with the new ipad blessing there are many ways of checking out while you are there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit