Why do some JW`s get married multiple times ? Isnt that an indictment against jw beleifs ?

by smiddy 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

This isnt a slight against any here who have married more than once. And of course if you have left the religion you are not bound by their doctrines.

however I am concerned with jehovahs Witnesses, people in good standing within the congregation who have married multiple times , and it seems it is not a rare occurence .their seems to be many who have married 2 or 3 times. I personally knew a sister that was married 5 times and was a sister in good standing .Admittedly this may have been an exception .

However divorce is not an isolated incidence with jehovahs witnesses , nor is it isolated that the witnesses themselves initiate divorce proceedings .

Another thing , jehovahs witnesses are only 8 million world, a wide a small sect compared to other major religions.

So I just wonder what the ratio of jw`s compared to mainstream religion is regarding divorce .

can anybody fill in these figures ? thank you

smiddy

• konceptual99
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd

The one that blows me away. Is when you get one parent who sits on one side of the hall and the other parent who sits on the other side and the kids go between the two.WTF.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS has an "interesting" way of counting divorce in their organization. If the guilty party gets df'd, it is not counted as a jw divorce because they are not a jw. That was what the elders told my husband.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Jehovah's WItnesses are so hypocritical about honoring marriage. its a joke.

I know of so many divorces . Many many unscriptural ones

• bemused
    bemused

Perhaps because there is a limited pool of JWs to choose from, so it's hard to find a good match? Combine that factor with often marrying at a young age before fully matured and a high divorce rate doesn't seem all that surprising.

• KateWild
    KateWild

The jwfacts are very interesting, I read them a while back, thanks Paul Grundy for helping us all-kate xx

• designs
    designs

That JWs have the same divorce rate as "the world" always fascinated me, and I saw it among my friends while in. A rotating door. So what was the benefit of being a JW with its supposedly higher standards.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Every official marriage talk applies Ecclesiastes 4:12 (threefold cord not easily broken) to the new couple's relationship - including God in the marriage. This 'really' means applying bible principles - as determined by the Governing Body - in the marriage.

This produces some of the most disfunctional relationships I've ever seen - and it's rampant among the latest crop of born-in, homeschooled barely 20 year olds.

Like my first marriage, these are filled with passive/aggressive behavior, guilt, control issues, financial difficulties and the inability to be independent of the congregation and family.

Divorce is going to happen in these marriages at rates much higher than in those with people who are emotionally mature, stable and excited about life. As a friend of ours says - "you JW's do things that us 'worldly people' would never do - lying, stealing & cheating".

ginger

• tiki
    tiki

the ones that get me are those who are such loving couples, so devoted to one another - and one dies and the next month the widowed party is getting re-hitched. i mean, sure - remarry if that is your desire - but at least let the cadaver chill somewhat.

and if they continue to marry off kids who aren't dry behind the ears - the divorces will keep coming. sooner or later they grow up and realize what a messy situation they are in and want out. then of course there are those ultra "spiritual" types who feel that their current mate is insufficiently spiritually mature or reaching out, so they devise a manipulatory plan and get rid of that one and then proceed to troll around for better material.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit