The Great Crowd and 144K explained

by Crazyguy 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I was talking to the person who posts on this site www.wernerbiblecommentary.org and we were talking about his understanding of the great crowd and the 144k (his whole article is on the site). Anyway if you look at Rev 5:10 these look to be the same as the great-crowd, being from the nations etc. and are dead. Next you see in chapter 7 the winds being held back until the 144k are sealed. So his understanding is that the great crowd represent the righteous that are dead before the tribulation starts and the 144k (symbolic number) are those alive and being protected during the tribulation.

Not sure if anyone has already posted this understanding but I thought I would just incase.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Since the GT won't start until that number is sealed, you would think that the WTBTS would encourage ALL who feel that they should partake to do so. Instead they belittle those who feel that they should partake. Labeling them as mentally and emotionally unbalanced. Last years new "Memorial" outline was disgusting to say the least. They practically threatened anyone who thought of partaking. The GB fear new partakers, and with good reason..

DD

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

At my memorial that outright lied saying that Judas was not at the meal (luke says otherwise) and hes the only one that wrote in detail about it. the speaker also said some crap about being born again. Like you said they are getting downright mean about exalting themselves. I'm going this year and drinking the whole glass of wine just to shove it their faces!!!!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

@ CRAZYGUY - In all my years of experience in the Org, I have come to the see that the vast majority of elders became elders because of the hubris and authority they were gaining - not because they wanted to serve their fellow Christians!

On that basis, reason on this; they will want to exercise that authority & control at every opportunity, and i f you partook at their Memorial (which is a sham and ignores the Bible's description of a meal taking place - the Lord's evening meal) you'd only be giving them an excuse to jump on you and vilify you.

Therefore, why not do it the proper way - in the privacy of your own home, with fellow believers - not at a spectator event where virtually no one is expected/allowed to partake of a sip of wine & a nibble of unleavened bread.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Would be fun if we all went from the xjw community and in total there was 144,000 of us world wide partaking. Would certainly skew the numbers for next year. Kate xx

• DS211
    DS211

If so rev 7 would seem to contradict that...

After this I saw, and look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes; and there were palm branches in their hands. 10 And they keep shouting with a loud voice, saying: “Salvation we owe to our God, who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb.” 11 All the angels were standing around the throne and the elders and the four living creatures, and they fell facedown before the throne and worshipped God,12 saying: “Amen! Let the praise and the glory and the wisdom and the thanksgiving and the honor and the power and the strength be to our God forever and ever. Amen.” 13 In response one of the elders said to me: “These who are dressed in the white robes, who are they and where did they come from?” 14 So right away I said to him: “My lord, you are the one who knows.” And he said to me: “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

in order to come out of a great trib you wouldve had to be in it right?

Heres the kicker.....the society believes all those not anointed are part of the GC. Well what about those NON anointed ones who are now dead and never were in the Great Trib? To me thats a good hit to the GC vs 144K twught by the borg.

• DS211
    DS211

So the grwat trib hasnt startd so technically we are not that Great Crowd yet....right? Oh how they twist the scriptures.

• Comatose
    Comatose

"You should be humble and wait on Jehovah to adjust things if need be. Do not be haughty and think you know more than the Slave! I remember a great experience of a faithful brother who made cheese at bethel for fifty years. When one day his role changed he said he never liked making cheese anyway. How humble! We need to have that attitude. Don't run ahead of the organization. That's what apostates do!"

Coma's Mom

• SnailsPace
    SnailsPace

Bwhahahaha @comatose. That made me laugh out loud. Then it made me very sad for the cheeseman.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Wernerbiblecommentary.org is a very scholarly site and this man has written thousands of pages of commentary on the Bible. A very good reference.

I will say no more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit